Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada Req #41
September 18, 2023
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL ANIMATION DIRECTOR
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assess technical risks and code-support for system prototyping;
- Compile and submit reports for suggested technical solutions or new pipelines;
- Collaborate on, maintain and troubleshoot animation networks in engine;
- Provide workflow documentation and ‘How-To’ Wikis to support both Animation and Technical Animaton staff;
- Maintain the day-to-day technical efficiency of the work pipeline, trouble-shooting the processes involved and being the technical ‘go-to’ person for confused animators;
- Investigate ‘specialized’ problem areas for animation integration such as runtime rigging, blending improvements, animation network issues, etc;
- Support due-diligence procedure production processes (eg motion capture);
- Provide support on compiling performance/motion-capture dope sheets and preparation, attending and overseeing mocap shoots and the delivery and implementation of the resulting data into the game systems;
- Teaching animators any necessary use of editor-related technical functionality and new functionality in updated software used in production;
- Mentor and support less-experienced or less-technical animators as necessary;
- Non-critical hands-on animation when needed during production.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Relevant experience in 3D Animation;
- Experience in Video Games with at least one AAA published titles to your credit;
- Have participated in at least one full videogame production, preferably next-gen;
- Understanding of animation-related system design and prototyping in games;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya is preferred, or any 3D package;
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects and caveats of game animation;
- Knowledge of animation integration in multiple game engines.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge of facial animation systems in game development is an asset;
- Extensive experience of Motionbuilder or equivalent is an asset;
- Tools creation or Scripting experience in Maya/Motionbuilder (Python, Mel etc.);
- Character setup, skinning and rigging experience.
WHY JOIN US?
- Flexible work schedule: Because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: Because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to group insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to group RRSP: We think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: To avoid a pleasant 24hrs in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: We recognize the work accomplished.
Come create emotion with us!
- Job Family Animation
- Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada