Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada Req #12
August 11, 2023
REPORTS TO: LEAD PROGRAMMER
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Implement software autonomously in C++ by applying the "best-in-class" development principles while producing intuitive and easy-to-debug code that runs optimally onto our shipping targets;
- Following the game design intentions, analyze and estimate times, costs and needs as well as the impact of the proposed functions, and provide realistic updates on its progress;
- Rapidly prototype new in-game feature, and switch to production mode when implementing new in-game feature by producing quality code that is robust, efficient & easy-to-maintain, and suggest improvements (refactors) whenever necessary;
- Collaborate with various teams and trades (Game Design, Animation, Audio, Art, Technical and Production) as well as external studios to perform the technical design, implementation, debugging and optimization of a given feature;
- Produce technical design documentations (TDD) when developing complex systems, partake into technical code reviews and share knowledge with the team & project;
- Bring features to expected level of quality & ensure the ambitions remain in accordance with the deadlines;
- Maintain technical documentation of technical systems up to date, share knowledge with peers and do presentation of the delivered work;
- Act as a technical coach and contribute positively to the achievements of the project and the team objectives.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- University degree in Programming, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field;
- 4-7+ years of experience in the industry as a Programmer including at least 3 years in either Gameplay or AI;
- Have participated in one or multiple AAA productions, shipped at least one;
- Excellent mastering in programming in C++;
- Solid knowledge of gameplay systems (inventories, looting, crafting, skills tree, quests, etc.), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or User Interface (UI);
- Solid object-oriented design patterns skills;
- Experience with developing systems & supporting other trades;
- Experience with profiling and optimizations, an asset;
- Experience with Unreal development (or custom game engines), an asset.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage time and work on time;
- Ability to work in a team (in Agile Pods), in person and remotely, and through different time zones;
- Team Player and Great Collaborator;
- Rigorous, adaptable, accountable and solution oriented;
- Empathetic, excellent relationship and soft skills;
- Maturity to receive and give constructive criticism;
- Desirous to push back the barriers of video game technology;
- Ability in coaching and sharing skills;
- Passion, motivation, drive and enthusiasm are essential.
WHY JOIN US?
- Flexible work schedule: Because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: Because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Group insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Group RRSP: We think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: To avoid a pleasant 24hrs in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: We recognize the work accomplished.
Come create emotion with us!
- Job Family Programming
- Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada