REPORTS TO: LEAD VFX ARTIST
In the captivating world of video games, where the imagination knows no bounds, there's an artistic field that transcends the boundaries of reality: visual effects (VFX). Are you ready to join a team of talented creators, where you can bring to life fantastic worlds and incredible visual experiences that will amaze gamers the world over?
Get ready to bring the impossible to life and push the boundaries of visual creativity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create a variety of VFX, ranging from physical attacks, environmental, cinematographic, reactions (footsteps, impacts, damage communication, etc.);
- Capable of doing both R&D and hands-on support for the team in the various phases of game production;
- Use all the tools at your disposal to create effects for the game (traditional particles, pixel shaders and vertex shaders for animated materials, etc.);
- Analyze the scene for performance issues and ensure that all effects are built as efficiently as possible.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 4+ years experience as a VFX Artist;
- Experience in AAA game production;
- Ability to deconstruct complex visual effects from references and recreate them in a game engine;
- A critical eye for the rhythm, animation and movement of visual effects;
- Ability to collaborate with artists, designers and programmers to meet artistic and technical challenges;
- Good knowledge of Unreal;
- French-English bilingualism.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of Houdini, a strong asset;
- Experience in creating and customizing shaders, a strong asset;
- Commitment to the success of the overall team (game/franchise success);
- Autonomous and pro-active; able to go beyond expectations, find viable solutions to complex problems;
- Integrated, making the best possible decisions in the interests of the project;
- Motivated, pro-active, positive at all times;
- Good communicator, able to share knowledge with team members.
WHY JOIN US?
- Flexible work schedule: Because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: Because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to group insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to group RRSP: We think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: To avoid a pleasant 24hrs in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: We recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!
- Job Family Visual Effects
- Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada