Purchasing Manager, Water Heaters, Water Treatment and Consumables
Proudly Canadian-owned, Enercare is committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customer’s homes as comfortable as they can be. With Enercare Advantage, we provide affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Enercare is about putting people first by listening to our customers, continuous improvement and making our organization a destination for building people’s careers.
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has embraced a hybrid work environment for the time being as we try different options and technologies to determine what will work best for the future of our people and our organization. Join us with an open mind on the future of work!
The Purchasing Manager, Water Heaters, Water Treatment and Consumables will strive to achieve “best in class” operation by leading best practices across forecasting, purchasing and inventory management for Water Heater and Water Treatment equipment as well as for consumables used in installs. This role will lead and direct the work of others and will be a positive influence on both the immediate team and others across the organization. The desired candidate will have the cross-functional skills necessary to successfully collaborate with and influence Supply Chain, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Legal and Finance. As a professional in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, the role will apply practices to respond to business challenges and help achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Processes and applies rigorous analyses to maintain inventory policies based on demand projections and min-/max- reorder points for specific SKUs, across Enercare’s network
- Manage the purchasing process at Enercare. Ensure purchase orders are being placed based on demand and inventory policies. Makes sure purchase orders are issued, followed up, approved, received, and closed by the purchasing coordinators, in a timely manner
- Develops and implements process improvements to Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and alignment throughout the end-to-end Supply Chain process
- Works closely with the business and with the vendors on annual RFPs for his/her respective categories
- Manages stakeholder engagement. Meets with critical business stakeholders (vendors, product management, builder sales, operations, etc.) on a regular basis to support all, forecasting, inventory management and inventory availability performance activities and efforts
- Identifies improvement opportunities within supply chain planning and leads optimization projects
- Develops and implements consistent Supply Chain performance metrics, and reporting at a daily/ weekly/ monthly cadence
Supports Strategic Initiatives:
- Supports Supply Chain and Purchasing projects and initiatives geared toward establishing consistent product availability, new product introductions, product discontinuations, etc.
- Collaborates with business units to build consensus on strategic initiatives and identifies interdependencies, risks, resourcing, and timing
- Develops and executes on the cross-functional plan including establishing governance reporting, communication and change management for strategic initiatives
- Monitors and reports on project progress to stakeholders
- 5+ years Purchasing experience in a fast-paced, warehousing, logistics, transportations environment
- Strong communicator with positive mindset and high degree of business curiosity
- Strong data analytics and project management background
- Self-starter and independent performer
- Experienced at managing direct reports
- Established and measurable success in delivering continuous improvement, implementing systems, best practices sharing, delivering of consistent brilliant customer service
- Degree/Designation/courses from SCMP, PMAC, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt, MBA are all highly preferred.
- Proficient at using MS Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point and Word
Enercare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable provincial accessibility laws and regulations. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 7400 Birchmount Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V4, Canada