"The best prescription I've ever given is a wish."
-Dr. Jeremy Friedman, Associate Paediatrician-in-Chief, SickKids Hospital & Medical Advisor for Make-A-Wish® Canada
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST WISH?
Is it to be part of an organization that is child-focused, values employee experience and is an inspiring workplace? If so, Make-A-Wish is for you!
Make-A-Wish® Canada creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are on a quest to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness.
“It’s been wonderful to have this wish to look forward to... It’s wonderful to see [Rowan] with something that brings him pure joy after all he’s been through and missed out on!”
–Melissa, mom to wish kid Rowan (age 5, leukemia), who wished for an indoor jungle gym.
MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Our mission is, together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illness. Supported by our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Our values are Child-Focused, Integrity, Impact, Innovation, and Community.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Meaningful opportunities to make an impact and change the lives of children with critical illnesses within your community and across Canada
- A collaborative team environment where you feel valued and inspired
- An attractive compensation package that includes group health and dental premiums which are fully covered by the Foundation, RRSP, & Wish paid hours
- Annual vacation starting at three weeks & additional paid leaves
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Hybrid working environment
- Employee Wellness Program
- Corporate discounts
- Continuous learning, development and internal training opportunities
- Fun employee activities, contests, and more!
Make-A-Wish® Canada is committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives while offering a rewarding employment experience where your contributions make a true difference every day!
WHERE YOU COME IN
We are looking for Manager, Development to join our team at Make-A-Wish Canada. In collaboration with the team, this position is accountable for developing and executing strategies and providing expertise to coordinate fundraising activities of the province/region, including the identification of new fund development opportunities, signature fundraising initiatives, and third-party events. This role will include a focus on prospect research and portfolio development opportunities to increase revenue and meet budgeting goals.
Acting as a representative of MAWC, this position safeguards the interests of the Foundation, donors, and fundraising event participants by following established fundraising policies.
This role can be based in Montreal or Quebec City and is a full time, permanent, hybrid position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in collaboration with your direct supervisor to develop and execute short-term and long-term development goals for the chapter ensuring increased revenue year-over-year.
- Responsible for the complete donor journey of major gift prospects.
- Strengthen and expand revenue development opportunities with existing donors through cultivation and implementation of strategies.
- Conduct prospect research to identify and recruit new Major Gift donors and develop customized stewardship strategies.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and individual donors in support of MAWC fundraising priorities.
- Adhere to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
- Collaborate with national and regional staff in fulfilling the mission, strategy, and goals of the Foundation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders (National Office, volunteers, suppliers, sponsors, donors, media, and community liaisons) to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all fundraising initiatives.
- Utilize Salesforce to input and track donor activities.
- Act as a key ambassador and spokesperson for the Foundation, specifically when communicating with the media, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Continuously work to increase awareness of MAWC through all contacts and business interactions through relationships, marketing, and promotion.
- Track donations and ensure accuracy in financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Native or full professional proficiency in English & French is a requirement for this role.
- Post-secondary education in business or fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a fundraising/management role in the not-for-profit or charitable sectors.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising activities, donor relations and relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively forge, manage and maintain long-standing stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead a team and coach others to achieve common goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise sound judgment in relations with a diverse group of volunteers, staff, clients, other agencies and healthcare professionals, suppliers and the general public.
- General financial management skills to meet/exceed revenue targets, ability to manage operations within an established budget, knowledge of government receipting requirements.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and employer sponsored volunteerism in the corporate giving sector an asset.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- CFRE designation or working towards is considered an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from work and for occasional events.
- A clear Criminal Background Check is required.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to their first day of work, subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions.
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Primary accountabilities are carried out in the regional Office and remotely; however, you may be routinely required to attend indoor and outdoor events.
- This position requires work and travel outside of traditional office hours and thus requires a flexible schedule year-round.
- Work under pressure of tight deadlines, with high volume workload, and with multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Demonstrate emotional resiliency to be able to conduct cold-calls and continue to develop donor relations.
Our Commitment to IDEA
Make-A-Wish Canada (MAWC) is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA). We believe that it is essential to our mission that we build a diverse, balanced, and vibrant workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and seek to serve. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, to still apply.
How to apply
If everything you’ve read so far sounds like you, we encourage you to apply now!
Make-A-Wish Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Reasonable accommodations due to disability are available on request at any stage of the hiring process.
Our recruitment process is swift in pace. Once applications are reviewed, we will contact our shortlisted candidates. Our typical process includes a phone screen, one or two interviews, and reference checking, followed by an offer and a criminal background check for the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with us!
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH® CANADA
Since 1983, Make-A-Wish Canada has granted over 38,500 wishes across the country, over 1000 last year alone. As an independently operating affiliate of Make-A-Wish International, Make-A-Wish Canada is part of the network of the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization. We serve children in every community in Canada, and in more than 50 countries worldwide.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish® Canada or get involved please visit our website at makeawish.ca.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Quebec City Area, QC, Canada