Technology - IT Support Technician
"The best prescription I've ever given is a wish."
-Dr. Jeremy Friedman, Associate Paediatrician-in-Chief, SickKids Hospital & Medical Advisor for Make-A-Wish® Canada
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST WISH?
Is it to be part of an organization that is child-focused, values employee experience and is an inspiring workplace? If so, Make-A-Wish is for you!
Make-A-Wish® Canada creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are on a quest to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness.
“It’s been wonderful to have this wish to look forward to... It’s wonderful to see [Rowan] with something that brings him pure joy after all he’s been through and missed out on!”
–Melissa, mom to wish kid Rowan (age 5, leukemia), who wished for an indoor jungle gym.
MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Our mission is, together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illness. Supported by our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Our values are Child-Focused, Integrity, Impact, Innovation, and Community.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Meaningful opportunities to make an impact and change the lives of children with critical illnesses within your community and across Canada
- A collaborative team environment where you feel valued and inspired
- An attractive compensation package that includes group health and dental premiums which are fully covered by the Foundation, RRSP, & Wish paid hours
- Annual vacation starting at three weeks & additional paid leaves
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Hybrid working environment
- Employee Wellness Program
- Corporate discounts
- Continuous learning, development and internal training opportunities
- Fun employee activities, contests, and more!
Make-A-Wish® Canada is committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives while offering a rewarding employment experience where your contributions make a true difference every day!
WHERE YOU COME IN
We are looking for an IT Support Technician to join our team at Make-A-Wish Canada. Reporting to the IT Manager, they are responsible for providing front-line service to our employees by answering inquiries, fulfilling requests, and working with the IT team to resolve issues. They are also responsible for ensuring delivery of IT/IS desktop and online/web support to the National Office and Regional Offices across Canada.
This role is located in Pickering, ON and is a full-time, permanent, hybrid position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware (laptops, desktops) and printers.
- Provide technical support for computer hardware and software by resolving helpdesk tickets nationally to all chapters across the Foundation.
- Support rollouts of new applications and elements of the infrastructure.
- Track IT assets and ensure that inventory is current and up to date.
- Administer users’ account information for Azure AD, VoIP and mobile device services.
- Support end users in a Microsoft 365 environment.
- Maintain and monitor Anti-Virus/Spam updates for all desktop systems.
- Maintain all user/departmental access to various files/folders on our file server and SharePoint.
- Develop training documents, creation of reports, and system maintenance and enhancement.
- Responsible for meeting room setup and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Assist with the inventory management and deployment process.
- Complete various business and technical projects owned by the IT team.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary education in the Information Technology industry and/or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
- 2+ years of experience supporting users in a Microsoft Windows and Microsoft 365 environment.
- Experience in and working knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Intune.
- Computer programming (Windows Scripting) experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of single sign-on and multi-factor authentication.
- Understanding of VPN technologies and concepts.
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange administration is preferred.
- Experience in and knowledge of Apple iOS / Android.
- A+, MCP, MCDST, MCPD, ITIL certifications are preferred.
- Networking skills required: TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS and networking principles and concepts.
- Experience with Server Virtualization and Storage Area Network.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Azure AD.
- MS Windows 10/11.
- Microsoft 365 (Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Intune).
- VoIP telephony systems.
- Mobile devices: iOS / Android.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- A clear Criminal Background Check required.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to their first day of work, subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions.
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Hybrid work environment: 2 days per week in-office, 3 days remote, with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
- Packing and unpacking of boxes and lifting of equipment.
- High degree of responsibility in managing technology systems.
Our Commitment to IDEA
Make-A-Wish Canada (MAWC) is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA). We believe that it is essential to our mission that we build a diverse, balanced, and vibrant workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and seek to serve. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, to still apply.
How to apply
If everything you’ve read so far sounds like you, we encourage you to apply now!
Make-A-Wish Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Reasonable accommodations due to disability are available on request at any stage of the hiring process.
Our recruitment process is swift in pace. Once applications are reviewed, we will contact our shortlisted candidates. Our typical process includes a phone screen, one or two interviews, and reference checking, followed by an offer and a criminal background check for the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with us!
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH® CANADA
Since 1983, Make-A-Wish Canada has granted over 38,500 wishes across the country, over 1000 last year alone. As an independently operating affiliate of Make-A-Wish International, Make-A-Wish Canada is part of the network of the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization. We serve children in every community in Canada, and in more than 50 countries worldwide.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish® Canada or get involved please visit our website at makeawish.ca.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pickering, ON, Canada