Project Management Intern - People & Culture
Make-A-Wish Canada Internship Program
Your internship can change lives!
Our comprehensive 16-week paid summer internship program is crafted to provide students from all backgrounds with an impactful non-profit work experience, fostering a deep understanding of the sector. Our program is dedicated to equipping students with hands-on experience and sector knowledge needed for their future careers while making meaningful contributions to our organization. Interns at Make-A-Wish Canada have the opportunity to work in their preferred areas of interest, on significant projects alongside industry leaders.
WHERE YOU COME IN
We are looking for a Project Management Intern to join our People & Culture team at Make-A-Wish® Canada. We are looking for a driven, energetic, and creative student who enjoys collaboration, research and has fresh ideas! Working with the P&C team and reporting to the Senior Manager, People & Culture, you will gain valuable, real-world HR experience as well as provide the team with administrative and creative support.
This role can be based out of our offices in Pickering or Toronto (North York). This role is a summer internship at 5 days (37.5 hours) per week, Monday to Friday, and is on a hybrid schedule (2 days in office/3 days work from home office). The expected start date for the successful candidate is May 6, 2024.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the Health & Safety (H&S) Consultant to review our current H&S Program and relevant legislation to understand where there are gaps.
- Work directly with the (H&S) consultant on conducting a revised Hazard Analysis.
- Work directly with the (H&S) consultant on updating policies and procedures to reflect best practices.
- Develop and/or source training programs for the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Create PowerPoint decks to train staff on revised Health & Safety Program.
- Conduct staff training on the revised Health & Safety Program.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children with critical illnesses within your community and across Canada
- Real projects experience in real-time and a deep understanding of the non-profit sector
- An inclusive & collaborative team environment where you feel valued and inspired
- Robust onboarding program including training on diverse topics ranging from fundraising to fostering diversity and inclusion
WHAT YOU BRING
- Education/Certificate in Human Resources Management (or working towards).
- Current student or a recent graduate.
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age (requirement of Canada Summer Jobs funding).
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (requirement of Canada Summer Jobs funding).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Reliable team player.
- Excellent written, verbal and organization skills.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Innovative, creative, resourceful, go-getter and self-starter, you enjoy challenging yourself.
- Some HR experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with common computer applications, such as MS Office, Internet, Outlook.
- A clear Criminal Background Check required.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to their first day of work, subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions.
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Working in a hybrid work environment requiring working in the office 2 days per week and working from a home office 3 days per week.
- Works with multiple demands and changing/overlapping priorities.
- High degree of responsibility including confidentiality and day-to-day operations.
Our Commitment to IDEA
Make-A-Wish Canada (MAWC) is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA). We believe that it is essential to our mission that we build a diverse, balanced, and vibrant workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and seek to serve. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, to still apply.
How to apply
If everything you’ve read so far sounds like you, we encourage you to apply now! The deadline to apply is February 26th, 2024.
To apply, please navigate to: https://can232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-CA/makeawishca/Posting/View/249
Make-A-Wish Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Reasonable accommodations due to disability are available on request at any stage of the hiring process.
Our recruitment process is swift in pace. Once applications are reviewed, we will contact our shortlisted candidates. Our typical process includes a phone screen, one or two interviews, and reference checking, followed by an offer and a criminal background check for the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with us!
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH® CANADA
Since 1983, Make-A-Wish Canada has granted over 38,500 wishes across the country, over 1000 last year alone. As an independently operating affiliate of Make-A-Wish International, Make-A-Wish Canada is part of the network of the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization. We serve children in every community in Canada, and in more than 50 countries worldwide.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish® Canada or get involved please visit our website at makeawish.ca.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Toronto, ON, Canada