Software Requirements Engineer
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Software Requirements Engineer has the primary responsibility to provide software requirements expertise to the Department, Product and Project Teams to ensure OSI product integrity. The Software Requirements Engineer works on a Software Design Authority team with other experts. The Software Requirements Engineer supports many projects with the development of software requirements or requirements related decisions to provide a holistic product architecture solution. The Software Requirements Engineer is a key contributor to PDRs and CDRs representing the Software Department. The Software Requirements Engineer produces the generic Software Product requirements to support the compliance traceability to our line of software products.
- Represents the Software Engineering Department providing requirements guidance to the Project and Product teams.
- Maintains an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the product requirement from an operational and technical perspective
- Provides expertise to the Software Engineering Department regarding Software Requirements development and requirements management processes.
- Chairs software requirements review meetings, communicating to stakeholders and managing stakeholders needs.
- Attends all software design meetings to grow domain knowledge of the products and ensure new features are meeting the projects needs
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the Software Lifecycle, and V model and understands the dependencies of the other software phases on quality requirements development.
- Produces artifacts to assist with planning, and concept development, such as product requirements traceability documentation which can assist with demonstrating existing product compliance for new contracts or projects.
- Regularly reports status on tasks to the Design Authority Lead and/or Manager of Software Programs
- Assists the Software Engineering Department with using a requirements management tool.
- Assist the Manager Software Engineering in producing and reviewing software Requirements processes and work instructions.
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Engineering Physics
Experience: Experience in a software and systems projects in engineering; Knowledge of marine navigation and military concepts is an asset; Experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant software engineering environment is an asset
Skills: Thorough knowledge of software engineering practices, in particular related to requirements development, and requirements management,; Ability to understand and work with complex system and software requirement specifications and requirements traceability in testing; Ability to multi task and to context switch between projects ; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Demonstrates Ownership and Professionalism; Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment; Ability to self-manage, prioritizing work, seeing the gaps of work that need to be done with little direction; Ability to work as a team player with other experts focused on software architecture and standardization; Knowledge of marine navigation concepts and systems is an asset.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive
because it makes us a better company.
Should you require assistance and or accommodations during the hiring process, please contact Talent Acquisition, OSI.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- OSI Maritime Systems (CA), Suite 400 - 4585 Canada Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada