Vice President of Finance
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The VP Finance plans, directs, and controls the Company’s overall financial plans and policies along with its accounting practices and the conduct of its relationship with financial institutions and stakeholders. The VP Finance also provides overall direction for the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury functions.
The VP Finance is also responsible for the Commercial and Shared Services Departments which comprises Contracts, Security and Controlled Goods (Company CSO), Supply Chain Management, IT, and Facilities.
- Develops financial policies, systems, and procedures to provide a complete financial operation service, including financial planning and analysis, general accounting, financial control, procurement, forecasting and preparation of operating and capital budgets
- Develops and implements policies, guidelines, and technology support, monitoring quality evaluation and control mechanisms to ensure effective collection of revenue, accounts payable, and judicious and legitimate management and expenditure of funds
- Recommends on financial accountability and authority limits for OSI’s managers and monitors application, initiating corrective action where warranted
- Presents budgets to COO & CEO for approval; monitors financial results and capital expenditures on a regular basis; assesses need for mid-course corrections
- Negotiates with banks and other sources of financial capital ensuring the most beneficial and cost-effective banking and financing arrangements are concluded on behalf of the organization
- Represents the organization in important external business relationships with financiers, clients, suppliers, and government, so that the organization’s image is reflected in the most positive manner and where such contacts are critical to the achievement of objectives
- Leads Commercial function by managing, mitigating and highlighting risks to senior team for action.
- As CSO, maintains adherence to government security and controlled goods standards and requirements.
- Develops a strong and strategic supply chain organization.
- Ensures systems are adequate and appropriate for business, and makes recommendations where improvements are necessary.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Team; recommends on policy revisions; attends Board meetings; advises the President & CEO and Board on matters affecting the finances of the organization
- Depending on organizational requirements, may perform other duties as required by the COO/CEO
- Education: CPA or equivalent Degree or related field and/or relevant working experience
- Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in a senior management capacity. Defense experience is advantageous. Security and Controlled goods experience a benefit.
- Skills: Broad general knowledge of the defense/high-technology industry and an on-going awareness of technology development and advancements; skills in general and strategic business management; innovate and visionary planning; analyzing and decision making; effective leadership, communications and customer relations
- Other: Some travel is required; frequent pressure to meet deadlines
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive
because it makes us a better company.
Should you require assistance and or accommodations during the hiring process, please contact Talent Acquisition, OSI.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- OSI Maritime Systems (CA), Suite 400 - 4585 Canada Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada