LSA Engineer - Integrated Logistic Support
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) Engineer is responsible for coordinating and executing LSA activities; creating and maintaining ILS documentation and tooling within the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team; analyzing logistics and maintenance data, from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and as a result of internal analyses, to ensure that product and project support is optimized from concept, though to project delivery, and throughout its lifecycle. The LSA Engineer is also responsible for effective interdepartmental communications and coordination of LSA inputs to ensure success of project deliverables. The LSA Engineer will participate in identifying and addressing areas of improvement related to LSA business practices.
- The LSA Engineer will:
- Coordinate and conduct logistic support analysis in support of project deliverables and trade-off analyses for proposed OSI products, including but not limited to:
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability analyses and reporting;
- Maintenance Task Analysis;
- Sparing analyses;
- Level of Repair analyses;
- Life Cycle Cost analyses.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, analyze and evaluate product design, and develop logistics plans and concepts to best support reliability and maintainability contract requirements.
- Be proactive in planning, developing, and implementing logistics program activities, IAW defined processes, from the concept stages, through the lifecycle of the project/product development.
- Report progress of LSA tasks and resource requirements to the ILS Manager.
- Actively engage with other areas of the business to ensure LSA requirements are being met and LSA inputs are available in each phase of the design.
- Support the ILS Manager at internal and external design reviews.
- Identify areas for improvement within LSA-related business practices and take actions to directly address them, in agreeance with the ILS Manager.
- Support capture of new business by assisting the proposals and business development areas with upfront analyses, as directed by the ILS Manager.
- Actively monitor industry standards for LSA, and communicate new or obsolete standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field or a recognized Engineering Technical diploma in a related area with preference for Mechanical, Industrial and or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in LSA or ILS engineering role.
- Ability to initiate and complete LSA activities with no supervision and guidance.
- Able to identify discrepancies in large data sets.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze engineering drawings, schematics, flow diagrams, bills of materials and specification sheets for electrical and mechanical equipment
- Patient and methodical
- Very good written and verbal communication
- Experience of equipment maintenance and/or repair an advantage
- High proficiency in the use of the MS office tools especially Excel, Word, and Outlook. VBA is an asset.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive
because it makes us a better company.
Should you require assistance and or accommodations during the hiring process, please contact Talent Acquisition, OSI.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- OSI Maritime Systems (CA), Suite 400 - 4585 Canada Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada