ILS Manager (Integrated Logistic Support)
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Manager, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) is responsible for the leadership, strategic planning and day to day management of the ILS and Technical Publications teams to ensure obligations to military and commercial marine navigation customers are consistently met. The incumbent works closely with Sales, Project Management, Proposals and other Engineering Departments to define, plan, account for and deliver the Company’s ILS and Technical Publication solutions and requirements. Key to this role is the ability to lead, plan, co-ordinate and account for resources both material and personnel and hence deliver to schedule and budget.
- Provides leadership, organization and management of the ILS and Technical publications team members, and recommends the long-term strategy for ILS and Technical Publications to support OSI’s strategic objectives.
- Works alongside other Department Managers within the Engineering Division and across the wider business to develop and deliver best practices.
- Manages the teams to develop and deliver ILS and Technical Publications Solutions that meet the needs of OSI Customers.
- Leads the implementation, development, population and management of the S-1000D HiCo ietdsuite and ensures optimum utilization of OSI Technical Information.
- Supports Sales Department and responsible for the compliance statements and cost estimates for the ILS components of bid and proposal work; engaging with Systems Engineering, Training and Service to ensure an integrated and consistent deliverable is achieved.
- Develops and defines ILS processes, procedures and tools for use by the ILS team.
- Supports Product Development in the management of Obsolescence status gathering and determines necessary actions with OM stakeholders.
- Maintains current knowledge of ILS/LSA support models including, but not restricted to, ASD S-series ILS Specifications, SAE GEIA 0007, Def Stan 00-600 and Mil Std 1388, DEF(AUST)5691, 5692
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must posses a recognized University degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years in an ILS or Product Management leading role.
- Able to analyze complex integrated systems requirements to determine the most appropriate support solution and deliver the components to establish it.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive
because it makes us a better company.
Should you require assistance and or accommodations during the hiring process, please contact Talent Acquisition, OSI.
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $130,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $160,000.00
- OSI Maritime Systems (CA), Suite 400 - 4585 Canada Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada