In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Production Technician will support activities within the Production department, which will include performing detailed electronic and electro-mechanical assembly in sub-assembly or assembly units, as well as bench testing of Integrated Navigation Bridge System components. In building and testing of electro-mechanical assemblies, the incumbent will hold tolerances to blueprint and/or oral and written specifications. Additionally, you will be responsible for performing parts installation, wiring, cable harnessing and hand soldering using standard sequence and also perform repairs to legacy/customer equipment.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ electro-mechanical experience in detailed soldering
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, testing along with following schematics, experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant environment would be an asset
Skills: Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, fixtures and measuring devices including DVMs
- Experience with soldering would be beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently or within a team to accomplish objectives
- Attention to detail in ensuring that quality and efficiency standards are met or exceeded
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adequate close vision and colour & depth perception.
- This position may require lifting and moving products of up to 50 lbs
- Must be eligible to receive & maintain Canadian security clearance
- May be required to work overtime as needed
- Some domestic travel may be required from time to time.
- Education: A high school diploma; curriculum including studies in electronics, mathematics ,science , mechanics
The range for this role is $42,000 - $55,000 CDN and the actual salary offered will be commensurate with education, experience and internal parity.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive
because it makes us a better company.
Should you require assistance and or accommodations during the hiring process, please contact Talent Acquisition, OSI.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- OSI Maritime Systems (CA), Suite 400 - 4585 Canada Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada