This position supports the overall availability of networked resources and IT Systems. The Network Technician will provide application and hardware support to end-users.
· Set up and configure new laptops and workstations
· Resolve remote access connection difficulties
· Support users in troubleshooting standard software applications as well as other Information Systems
· Support internal telephone and video conferencing needs
· Troubleshoot general printer, workstation, network and phone issues
· Provide general workstation maintenance and support for users
· Provide basic management of office network infrastructure (cabling, patching, moves etc.)
· Provide other systems, software and hardware support as needed
· Code minor internal applications and integrations using Visual Studio and SQL Server as needed
· 2 year College Diploma or Business School diploma or equivalent.
· 3 years working experience in an IT Systems and Network support role.
· Strong problem solving/analytical/critical thinking skills;
· Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment;
· Ability to work independently, with team and with clients in a professional manner;
· Ability to follow through with tasks, projects and troubleshooting, Excellent oral and written, and communication skills,
· Strong understanding of Windows 10 operating systems
· Understanding of LAN/WAN based networking an asset.
· Understanding of industry standard business software applications such as MS Office, Outlook configuration, anti-virus and malware
· Understanding of network printing and functions of all-in-one printers an asset.
· Understanding of industry best practices regarding information security an asset; knowledge of hardware and software configuration and support an asset
· Understanding of programming languages, such as JSON, Python, C#, VB
· Understanding of SQL Server and relational databases
· Strong understanding of Microsoft 365 environment
- Pay Type Salary
- OSI Maritime Systems (UK), 8-10B Dragoon House, Waterlooville, Hampshire, United Kingdom