Associate Investment Advisor
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
We are seeking an individual to join our team in the Edmonton office. As an Associate Investment Advisor the incumbent will contribute to grow the business by working closely with the Investment Advisor(s) to help manage their portfolios, developing new business, and ensuring high-level client service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Investment Advisor Support:
• Prepare investment policy statements, portfolio evaluations, financial plans, retirement projections, client commentaries/reviews and investment proposals
• Manage the execution of New Issue recommendations and transactions on behalf of the Advisor
• Assist in research, analysis, asset mix decisions, and investment product selection with an anticipatory mindset
• Implement changes to portfolios by trading equity, fixed income and money market securities
• Identify new business development opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue through client prospecting, acquisition and COI networking
• Identify opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base such as referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc.
• Deliver a superior client experience in assisting clients with day to day requests and ongoing proactive service calls
• Assist with regular client communication such as websites, newsletters, and client events
• Adhere to all firm and regulatory policies by remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to a client’s account and ensuring that any client interaction is accurately documented
• At least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English AND/OR FRENCH
• Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve
• Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations and knowledge of back office procedures
• Excellent understanding of financial products (Equities, fixed Income, mutual funds, preferred shares, options etc.)
• The ability to build relationships within a sales and entrepreneurial environment
• A strong understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles as well as modeling skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs
• An undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Business/Economics or related field
• Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
• Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as a Registered Representative
• Financial Planning designation an asset
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 10180 101 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 3S4, Canada