Performance Reporting Analyst (Contract)
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
This is a 12 month contractual role. As a member of the Richardson Wealth Products and Services team, you will work on systems/platforms used by internal and external users. The Performance Analyst will monitor performance reporting in the Envestnet and work with the reconciliation team to ensure data quality is maintained Based on feedback and your own use of the application, you will proactively identify opportunities for improvement related to data quality and system functionality to improve the client and advisor experience. Work with Advisor team to review and assist with performance reporting inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review, validate and reconcile the performance data in an efficient and timely manner to identify and resolve any issues that may arise or escalate as required
• Ensure that reasonability checks and established processes are completed and followed
• Conduct thorough analysis on performance results, explain performance results, investigate discrepancies through issue resolution
• Assist the Data Management team in developing tests and automating control checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information being used to calculate performance benchmark and attribution results
• Automate and streamline existing processes within the Performance team, as well as proposing ongoing process improvements
• Participate in UAT testing for system upgrades or enhancements
• Define, create, and maintain benchmarks and composites that are used for performance measurement and other metrics in accordance with established procedures and GIPS compliance
• Investigate and respond to inquiries from Advisor Teams on performance reports
• Ensure that new requirements are communicated effectively to vendor
• Participate in performance related projects; other duties as required
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experiences in the financial sector
• Familiar with performance reporting and calculation methods and operational processes
• Time management and organizational skills to set short-term priorities while working under strict deadlines
• Capacity for detailed and accurate work
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to problem solve and use a commonsense approach
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
• Experience with Envestnet or Dataphile are an asset
• University degree or college diploma
• Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) a benefit
• Other industry-related courses are an asset
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 100 Queens Quay E, Toronto, ON M5E 1Z2, Canada