Manager, Translation (French and English)
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The Manager, Translation role is crucial to ensuring that Richardson Wealth / Patrimoine Richardson delivers communications of excellent quality to the French-Canadian market. As the lead manager of translation services for the firm, the primary function is to ensure timely delivery and quality control of translated documents primarily from English to French and occasionally from French to English.
Additionally, this role will assist in the adherence to the firm’s French Language Policy and l’Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure accuracy of translation in all corporately produced materials including print and digital executions
• Manage and mentor the translation team
• Oversee the maintenance, continuous improvement and refinement of the translation services process
• Manage the external translation vendor relationship to drive excellent results and control costs
• Review and assess the quality of translated documents for grammar, clarity, accuracy and consistency of terminology
• Translate and or review inhouse smaller projects with tight deadlines as needed
• Ensure consistency and quality control of all translation in terms of grammar, punctuation and spelling in both English and French
• Conduct research, consult with other translators, authors, subject matter experts and others to resolve issues, find the correct terminology and ensure accuracy of translation
• Build and maintain strong professional relationships with our partners, external vendors and colleagues
• Ensure language database and research terminology is maintained and updated as required
• Ensure implementation and adherence of Richardson Wealth’s French language policy as well as the Charter of the French Language
• Assist in Quebec media relations when needed
• Oversee translation requests to other languages as needed
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior translation role, preferably in the finance industry
• 3 years or more of people management experience
• Excellent grammar, written and spoken communication skills in both French and English
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects in a timely manner
• Team player, client-focused, results-oriented
• Digital communications experience an asset, i.e. social media
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Microsoft SharePoint experience an asset
• Post-secondary education with a focus on languages or translation studies preferred
• Translation certification a plus
• Industry related courses and continuing education is an asset, including the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1250 Boulevard René-Lévesque O, Montréal, QC H3B 4W8, Canada