Managed Accounts, Portfolio Management Specialist
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The incumbent will be reporting the Vice President, Managed Accounts and will be endorsed as a key member and contact within the Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a key contact within the Team to be able to communicate policy and procedures to and address escalations from Investment Advisor Teams
• Conduct oversight on the Portfolio Managed Program to ensure risk and investment objectives are being adhere against the Investment Policy Statement
• Oversee the daily modeling and trading of the portfolio managed and separately managed programs:
- Provide expertise to Investment Advisors on how to effectively model their client portfolios
- Act as a conduit between portfolio managers and the trade desk
- Analyze and promptly resolve any potential exposure to trade risk
- Ensure accuracy of client account data on the portfolio management system and provide possible solutions to mitigate exposure to trading risks
- Conduct post trade review and audits of client holding weights compared to model weights
- Update dynamic models and rebalance client accounts as per instructions from the Investment Advisor and Portfolio Manager of Record
• Maintain our reporting functionality ensuring the Team is meeting it’s posted service level agreement and timelines
• Participate in and test on-going enhancement projects for our various technology systems
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Work with internal business analysts and third party software vendors to streamline processes, maximize efficiency, minimize risk, and increase productivity
• Transition Investment Advisor teams onto the Managed Accounts platform and empower them to use our reporting and technology systems to manage their book of business and grow their client base
• Strong service orientation that will be reflected in professional client interaction and quality of service delivered
• Proficient with portfolio management, trading and reporting tools
• Strong understanding of portfolio management and trading best practices
• Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
• Very thorough and detailed oriented
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
• Ability to work under time constraints in high volume situations
• Flexible, team player, self-starter
• Undergraduate degree in Business preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in a fee based program
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 100 Queens Quay E, Toronto, ON M5E 1Z2, Canada