Associate Investment Advisor
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The ideal applicant will be an active team participant in an expanding ultra-high net worth holistic wealth management business and will be responsible for providing world-class, client-centered service in the Associate or Associate Investment Advisor role. This individual will work as an integral part of a highly motivated team managing over $1.4 billion in client assets, all of whom understand that our clients are the cornerstone of our business and that in everything we do, the interests of our clients come first.
The wealth advisory team differentiates itself through relentless adherence to its four core principles: Respect for our clients, Integrity, Discipline, and Independent Thinking. Our brand emanates through consistent timely delivery of best-in-class service to our clients, prospects, and other business stakeholders. Exceeding expectations is the standard.
Our team believes in work-life balance. We mandate our team members to take 4 weeks of holidays as well as regular off-site team building opportunities to celebrate our achievements and build a strong culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure a consistent delivery of Advisor team’s brand of service level: Proactive, Responsive & Professional
• As a client facing Associate/Associate IA, this role requires the candidate to interact regularly with clients of all ages and investment knowledge levels. The expectation is that of a Four Seasons’ level of service and experience for the client. As such, interactions with clients should always be timely, professional, accurate and in a manner that seeks to make the clients’ lives simpler. Our role is to simplify the complexities of wealth so our clients can enjoy life.
• Provide support to the Portfolio Managers in all administrative duties in the management of client accounts
• Meet and greet high net worth clients and assist Portfolio Manager in preparing for client meetings
• Be involved in preparing and attending client meetings and/or events
• Lead or assist with financial planning initiatives, gathering pertinent details, building plans, and potentially presenting financial plans to certain clients where appropriate
• Resolve inquiries related to the administrative function of client accounts
• Answer telephone calls and reply to client emails to ensure exceptional client service in a timely fashion
• Request information and documentation from clients in order to open accounts and keep client information up to date
• Maintain excellent relations with the different back-office personnel and operational departments
• Assist or proactively tackle trading, rebalancing and generation of cash flow as needed. The level of autonomy within this area will be dictated by experience and licensing
• Notify Portfolio Managers of tender offers and/or reorg related items
• Initiate and monitor all pending transfers to ensure completion on a timely basis
• Manage incoming and outgoing cash flows for clients via EFT, cheques and wires
• Proficient in English, oral and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Teams)
• Ability to easily learn on computer systems
• Good knowledge of debt and equity markets
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• High level of understanding of industry regulations
• In depth knowledge of all account types as well as intricacies that coincide with the multitude of products and services available today
• Experience working within a discretionary, portfolio managed practice
• Ability to work under pressure
• Autonomy, initiative and attention to detail
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette, delivering high standards of customer service
• Ability to balance time pressures and deadlines with conflicting demands
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Registered as an Investment Representative (IR) at a minimum, preferably a Registered Representative (RR) or willing to obtain this within the first year of hiring
• Bachelor's Degree preferable but not a requirement
• Minimum of 5 years experience within the industry or a related industry
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1055 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9, Canada