Estate and Insurance Advisor
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The Estate & Insurance Advisor will support Richardson Wealth investment advisors by providing analysis of a client’s financial situation and, where appropriate, recommend insurance-based solutions. The EIA will also act as a subject matter expert and provide product and sale concept training as needed to Richardson Wealth branches and/or investment advisor teams. The EIA will report to the Vice President Insurance Services, providing clients with insurance product recommendations, completing applications, and overseeing the underwriting process. Participating in Branch meetings and organizing and hosting Branch presentations on insurance product updates etc is an element of the role. Insurance analysis and presentation to our clients is required. Follow up in the sales cycle and client-management processes are critical to enhancing our clients’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support to IA teams looking for product information as well as provide technical and administrative support for changes to our in-force insurance business
• Engage with clients to review any existing insurance, and to assist with any additional information or forms as required
• Work directly with insurance carrier sales support teams to provide education and training to IA teams
• As an extension of the Wealth Strategies team as well as the IA team, help to maintain client relationships through regular contact required by service opportunities while providing value added information, advice, and recommendations
• Understand the inherent compliance risks and minimize potential regulatory issues through thorough documentation of client communication and attention to detail
• Collaborate with Tax & Estate Planning partners to develop holistic solution options
• Work effectively in a team-based environment with one common goal
• Engage with the leadership team and IA teams of the branches in the region
• Deliver insurance product and solutions presentations
• A minimum of 10 years proven experience delivering insurance recommendations, with an emphasis on High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth clients
• Professional designations (e.g CFP, CLU, TEP) and a commitment to ongoing continuing education and professional development
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills to foster strong, positive, and trusting client relationships
• Comfortable using insurance carrier software applications
• University degree or College diploma in Finance preferred
• Life, Accident & Sickness Insurance licensed
• Experience working with business process and CRM systems
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 525 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada