Associate Investment Advisor
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
We are seeking an individual to join our team in the Ottawa office. As an Associate Investment Advisor the incumbent will contribute to grow the business by working closely with the Investment Advisor and team to help manage client relationships and client portfolios, developing new business, and ensuring a high-level of client service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Investment Advisor Support:
• Prepare client commentaries, client review packages and investment proposals and potentially prepare retirement projections/financial plans
• Assist in research, analysis, asset mix decisions, and investment product selection with an anticipatory mindset
• Implement changes to portfolios by executing equity and fixed income transactions
• Assist in writing quarterly market commentaries to clients/prospects. Also to identify timely educational articles to share with clients/prospects
• Identify new business development opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue through client prospecting, acquisition and COI networking
• Identify opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base such as referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc.
• Deliver a superior client experience in assisting clients with day to day requests and ongoing proactive service calls
• Assist with regular client communication such as website updates and client gifting, events, seminars
• Adhere to all firm and regulatory policies by remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to a client’s account and ensuring that any client interaction is accurately documented
• At least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and learn new content/material with a positive approach
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations and become knowledgeable of back office procedures
• Strong base understanding of financial products (equities, fixed Income, mutual funds, preferred shares, options etc.)
• The ability to build a positive relationship within the team and have an entrepreneurial spirit
• A strong understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles as well as modeling skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs
• An undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Business/Economics or related field
• Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) (preferred) and Wealth Management Essentials (WME) (preferred)
• Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as a Registered Representative (preferred)
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 343 Preston St, Ottawa, ON K1S 1N4, Canada