Translation Specialist (18 Months Contract)
As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The Translation Specialist will provide translation for Richardson Wealth (Patrimoine Richardson) by coordinating with external translation services; and translating, reviewing and editing documents to ensure timely delivery and quality control.
Additionally, this role will assist in the firm’s adherence to l’Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate all aspects of translation requests from initial assessment to final delivery with translation service providers
• Translate smaller projects or communications with tight deadlines as needed
• Review and edit translated content to ensure French language aligns with the English version of content
• Ensure consistency and quality control of all translation in terms of grammar, punctuation, and spelling in both English and French
• Work on platforms including Website, Intranet etc. and review/maintain French Content
• Assess translation requests and plan, schedule and monitor translation projects
• Effectively communicate with all stakeholders and respond in a timely and professional manner to queries and requests
• Maintain internal language database and research terminology as required
• Manage translation vendor relationships and ensure cost control
• Contribute to the maintenance, continuous improvement, and refinement of the processes, methodology and standards
• Ensure implementation of the Charter of the French Language
• Assist in Quebec media relations when needed by communicating with the media contacts and translating requests
• 5 years of experience in a translation role, preferably in the finance industry
• Excellent grammar, written and spoken communication skills in both languages
• High level of attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience of localization of content into French for the Quebecois stakeholders
• Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects in a timely manner
• Team-player, client-focused, results-oriented
• Knowledge of Trados Studio 2019 translation software an asset
• Digital communications experience an asset (i.e., social media)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Post-secondary education with a focus in languages or translation studies preferred
• Translation certification a plus
• Industry related courses and continuing education is an asset, including the
Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
- Pay Type Salary
- 100 Queens Quay E, Toronto, ON M5E 1Z2, Canada