Assessors – Validation and Verification Body Accreditation Program
Standards Council of Canada, 55 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Req #188
September 11, 2023
Several positions and a pool of candidates
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is seeking to hire assessors to conduct validation and verification accreditation program (VVBAP) assessments, including greenhouse gas (GHG), on a contractual basis.
VVBAP accreditation assessors use their expertise in conformity assessment methodologies to assist the assessment team in evaluating customers seeking accreditation.
They are responsible for assessing VVBAP customers against the requirements of ISO 14065:2020 – General principles and requirements for bodies validating and verifying environmental information and ISO/IEC 17029:2019 – Conformity assessment — General principles and requirements for validation and verification bodies.
They apply their considerable conformity assessment expertise by reviewing customer policies and procedures, reviewing the certification files or the inspection files, conducting interviews with validation/verification body (VVB) personnel, reviewing personnel records and evaluating other aspects of VVBAP operations.
- Work closely with the SCC Lead Assessor to determine the scope and criteria to be assessed.
- Review customers’ quality management system, standard operation procedures (SOPs), procedures, forms, work instructions and job aids to assess evidence of conformity with relevant criteria.
- Review customers’ personnel competency management system, personnel human resources records, VVBs file records to assess evidence of conformity with relevant criteria.
- Observe the work of VVB personnel to assess the conformity to procedures and application of relevant criteria via a witness audit.
- Gather objective evidence of conformances and non-conformances during the assessment.
- Report to the Lead Assessor on findings and provide recommendations based on evidence.
Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident/Work VISA for the duration of the contract
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline
- Formal training, if applicable
Various: bilingual imperative, French imperative, English imperative
- At least three years of experience working in a VVB setting or at least three years of experience working in an accreditation body setting
- Experience applying conformity assessment methodologies, and analyzing skills in relevant GHG sectors
- Experience auditing VVB processes and procedures via internal or external audits
- Knowledge of VVB business environments
- Knowledge of ISO 14064-1/-2/-3, ISO 14066, ISO 14065 and/or ISO/IEC 17029
- Knowledge of GHG technical sectors and/or SCC VVBAP programs
- Knowledge of GHGAP sub-programs: Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), ICAO Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and/or Clean Fuel Regulations
- Ability to gather and record objective evidence
- Ability to apply conformity assessment methodologies
- Ability to draft findings
- Strong technical, analytical and review skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement and evaluation abilities
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, both within an assessment team, and with customers
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, and familiar with information and communication technology (e.g. web-based communications software)
- Work with limited supervision
- Effectively represent SCC and follow SCC’s policies and procedures
- Meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Availability to travel within Canada and US, occasionally on short notice
- Work in a variety of industrial, commercial and manufacturing environments
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each essential qualification criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
- We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects the peoples’ lives that we impact and the Canadian community that we work within. We strive to create an environment where everyone is comfortable being their authentic selves. We welcome Indigenous peoples and persons from all races, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and physical or mental abilities to be part of our team.
- We strive to ensure a barrier-free selection process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, testing or interview, please advise us of the accommodation measures that you require to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in SCC. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Standards Council of Canada, 55 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada