Bilingual Social Media Specialist
Sunwing Vacations Group is home to North America’s largest vacation brands, comprised of the leading Canadian leisure tour operators Sunwing Vacations and WestJet Vacations, along with the growing United States based tour operator Vacation Express, together with the Group’s own travel retail businesses SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings. Our culture is driven by our EPIC Values (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) and our teams work together to deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
Bilingual Social Media Specialist
Under Sunwing Vacations, we are looking for a Social Media Specialist to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for generating compelling and shareable French and English content to support the social media channels across the Sunwing Vacations Group, in accordance with the wider marketing strategy. The Social Media Specialist must be a skilled content creator, experienced in social listening, community engagement and analytics.
The Social Media Specialist will have a strong understanding of the social media and digital marketing landscape, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, and X. They are responsible for planning & executing social campaigns, creating content (content and creative), social listening and tracking performance and analytics.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, social media and will be located in Montreal, QC or Toronto, ON.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow and maintain our brand presence and foster community engagement on our Sunwing Vacations Group social media channels in FR & EN.
- Perform social listening to engage and build community engagement.
- Collaborate with social media agents to maintain and foster community engagement and gain consumer insights.
- Track performance all social media posts through reporting and analytics.
- Optimize content based on performance data, consumer insights and research.
- Stay current on social trends, new features, and competitor analysis.
- Create content in FR & EN for Sunwing Vacations Group social media channels.
- Create and produce content in FR & EN in collaboration with core social media team, QC team and creative partners.
- Create visuals (photo and video) and copy for all social media channels.
- Maintains monthly social media calendar for the Group’s social accounts including Sunwing Vacations, Selloff Vacations and Sunwing Weddings.
- Leverages in-house tools such as Canva, Capcut, Cloudinary, Crowdriffand partner assets.
- Executes contest campaigns by liaising with external partners and internal departments.
- Creates social shot lists for communications team members travelling to destination for business, posts on their behalf across the Group’s social accounts.
- Lead and support social activations for brand and product marketing campaigns.
- Tracks performance, creates reports, analyzes data, delivers proof of publishing (POPs) for partners.
- Creates social media posts that support campaigns and business goals.
What You’ll Need:
- 3- 5 years related experience
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business or similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be bilingual and have excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Must have experience managing and engaging social media communities, content creation, social listening, and analytics.
- Must be organized and practice effective time management.
- Able to work in fast paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Graphic design experience is a plus (Photoshop, Canva, Lightroom, etc.)
What We Offer:
- Remote and/or Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Great travel perks!
- GoodlifeCorporate Discount
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Growth opportunities
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized price!
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
- Job Family CORPORATE
- Pay Type Salary
- 27 Fasken Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1K6, Canada