Graphic Designer Intern (EPIC Start - Co-op Summer 2024)
What is EPIC Start at Sunwing Vacations Group?
EPIC Start is a structured co-op program aimed at immersing students in enriching work experiences within the Sunwing Vacations Group. This opportunity is designed to not only ignite your career development but also to be a driving force in advancing our industry.
Throughout the duration of your work placement, you will gain valuable exposure to your field of study. You'll engage in close collaboration with department leaders who will serve as mentors, guiding you in the development and honing of the skills and knowledge essential for success in the workplace. All the while, you will be significantly contributing to the work and achievements of your team!
Sunwing Vacations Group is home to North America’s largest vacation brands, comprised of the leading Canadian leisure tour operators Sunwing Vacations and WestJet Vacations, along with the growing United States based tour operator Vacation Express, together with the Group’s own travel retail businesses SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings. Our culture is driven by our EPIC Values (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) and our teams work together to deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
Duration: 4 months
Term Start: May 6, 2024
Term End: August 23, 2024
Under Sunwing Vacations, we are looking for a Graphic Designer Intern to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Graphic Designer Intern, you will apply learned marketing knowledge and graphic design skills to create visual materials for the Sunwing Vacations Group brands through advertising, digital marketing, and promotional materials. Working with other Graphic Designers, Brand Design supervisors, and the team's Creative Director. The Graphic Designer Intern will assist in the production of assets for weekly campaigns. The position reports to the Brand Design Supervisor and will be in Toronto, ON.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop graphic design projects for print, digital, or other media.
- Develop a portfolio of work that will be used to support the company's brand strategy.
- Artwork marketing materials as requested by the brand, hotels and retail stores.
- Work with internal clients on creative ideas to create compelling visual content using Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator).
- Know all brand standards for Sunwing Vacations Group and assist in enforcing brand consistency.
- Organize, crop, optimize, and metatag images that will appear on websites.
What You’ll Need:
- Interest in graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Must be proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite to create high-quality work that meets the needs of the client while maintaining professional standards
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn quickly
- An enthusiastic individual who would like to experience all areas of marketing.
- Must be organized and maintain a strict schedule to ensure on-time delivery of materials
- Graphic Design experience is an asset.
- Interest in travel is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Growth opportunities
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized price!
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
- Job Family CORPORATE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Co-op
- 27 Fasken Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1K6, Canada