27 Fasken Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1K6, Canada
January 31, 2024
Sunwing Vacations Group is home to North America’s largest vacation brands, comprised of the leading Canadian leisure tour operators Sunwing Vacations and WestJet Vacations, along with the growing United States based tour operator Vacation Express, together with the Group’s own travel retail businesses SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings. Our culture is driven by our EPIC Values (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) and our teams work together to deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
Sunwing Airlines will be integrated into WestJet as part of our strategic, long-term move to a one jet air operator certificate (AOC) model. On September 29, 2023 we shared that we expect integration efforts will conclude by October 2024. Current open roles within Sunwing Airlines will be included in the integration process that is underway.
You are capable of working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with minimal oversight. Adapting your time and workflow to the most pressing issues at hand will be essential. Your communication skills are excellent. You will be responsible to ensure all pairings are staffed safely and efficiently in a timely fashion, while complying with all government regulations and collective agreements and will also provide the crew with a continuously high level of customer service. The role will report to the Crew Scheduling Manager and will be located in Toronto, ON.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that safety is the primary objective by adhering to the Sunwing safety policy and utilizing the appropriate safety reporting program in order to identify and communicate all known hazards and risks to the organization
- Ensure continual improvement through the periodic review of documented processes
- Monitor the daily operations and future Flight Crew Member (FCM) and Cabin Crew Member (CCM) requirements and re-schedule, if necessary
- Ensure legal and timely staffing of all flights in relation to the government regulations and the Sunwing working conditions
- Provide effective and timely communication with all Crew Members as it relates to the scheduling or re-scheduling activity
- Communicate with all Crew Members in relation to their daily and monthly schedules
- Coordinate scheduling activities to achieve on time operational performance in concert with other operational areas
- Interpret and administer the FCM and CCM Collective Agreements
- Other duties as required
What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Previous airline operational experience, an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; courteous telephone manner
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining composure
- Ability to work under pressure without close supervision
- Possess developed organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve
- Committed to teamwork; understands the concept of working towards a common goal
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Knowledge of additional languages an asset
- Must have, or have the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Must work shifts, including midnights; 4 days on/4 days off
What We Offer:
- Great travel perks!
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Great benefits
- Vacation and EPIC days
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion - Diversity makes us EPIC; we strive to foster a culture where employees feel uniquely themselves and part of a team. Violence and harassment prevention and response - We partnered with White Ribbon to help us create a survivor-centric, trauma informed policy and educational programs used by all our divisions. Total wellbeing - Our approach is for holistic opportunities to help employees Be EPIC and Be Well. Learning and development - Our offerings are focused on the development of competencies, personal leadership, and leadership in groups and teams.
We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email email@example.com