Weddings - Group Sales Representative, Blue Diamond Weddings (Contract 12-Months)
Sunwing Vacations Group is home to North America’s largest vacation brands, comprised of the leading Canadian leisure tour operators Sunwing Vacations and WestJet Vacations, along with the growing United States based tour operator Vacation Express, together with the Group’s own travel retail businesses SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings. Our culture is driven by our EPIC Values (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) and our teams work together to deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We are currently looking for a Blue Diamond Group Sales Representative to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Blue Diamond Group Sales Representative, you will work directly with wedding couples’ requests for rates & availability at Blue Diamond Resorts in order to assist them with securing group travel contracts. You will generate customer loyalty through excellence in customer service, efficiency, expert product knowledge and selling skills. The role is responsible for securing group travel contracts, ensuring accuracy, revenue maximization and customer satisfaction. The position reports to the Sales Supervisor, Blue Diamond Weddings and will be located in Toronto, ON. Apply now and have your career soar to new heights - under our wing!
COMPANY NAME: Sunwing Vacations Inc.
Department: Destination Weddings & Events
Position: Blue Diamond Group Sales Representative
Location: Toronto, ON
What You’ll Do:
- Provides group travel quotes for hotel rates to direct consumers and advises wedding couples on the product and differences between all BD resorts, in order to close the group travel sale.
- Responds to customer enquiries, including quote requests, detailed questions about Blue Diamond hotels, and availability in a timely manner.
- Advises couples on product and group travel terms and conditions, providing viable and commercially sound options for the group.
- Works closely with the Blue Diamond Groups Team pertaining to contract requests.
- Works closely with the Vacation Express Groups Sales Team to ensure that the contract and availability are accurate, prior to confirming with the couple.
- Accurately creates a Luxe travel contract with rates, full terms & conditions for converted travel groups and reviews it with the wedding couple.
- Meets and communicates with Travel Account Managers to ensure they have imperative details pertaining to each travel group, including but not limited to the Tour Operator contract, the Luxe Contract and current rate card, prior to the introduction to the wedding couple.
- Reports the stages of the process on the main tracker in Excel.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive and trustworthy relationship with individual clients, showcasing the Blue Diamond experience.
- Ability to handle customer service calls/emails and respond accordingly, while offering solutions that will benefit both Blue Diamond and the client.
- Works with the Blue Diamond Weddings Sales Team during the sales process, with wedding related questions and challenges.
- Assists with monthly sales reports as requested by management team.
- Maintains regularly updated hotel rate updates for each Blue Diamond resort in an organized fashion in Excel.
- Provides backup support to the Blue Diamond Wedding Sales Team when required by actively responding to Wedding Package inquiry phone calls, voicemails, and emails for all Blue Diamond Resorts.
- Other duties as assigned as assigned by management.
What You’ll Need:
- Previous Sales experience in travel, 2 years minimum.
- Experience working with group travel bookings.
- Strong organizational, customer service & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Destination weddings or hotel experience an asset.
- Events Experience.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Experience with TravelWorks or another accounting program an asset.
- Experience with SalesForce or another CRM system an asset.
- A process driven individual with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Able to work and share responsibilities within a team environment.
- TICO certification required.
- Remote and/or Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Great travel perks!
- Growth opportunities
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
- Job Family GROUPS & WEDDINGS
- Pay Type Salary
- 171 E Liberty St, Toronto, ON M6K 3E7, Canada