Innisfil - Child & Youth Program Instructor
The Child and Youth Program Leader is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and delivering quality, values based programming and services to children, youth and families.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are typical for this position. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Teaching and coaching a variety of YMCA child, youth and family programs.
- Continuously building relationships with all members, participants, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all safety, program instruction best practices and procedures are adhered to.
- In the event of an emergency respond as trained by the Association.
- Plan, organize and implement core lesson plans/daily lesson plans
- Maintain records as needed, including attendance sheets, program area maintenance items and daily checklists.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a clean and well maintained facility at all times.
- Identify and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
- To maintain current qualifications as required by this position.
- Flexible work week including days, evenings and weekends.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Healthy Child Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Standard First Aid/CPR Certification ‘C’
- Child Protection orientation
- AODA training
- Health & Safety Awareness training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
- PCI Compliance
- Mandated training is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA. Articulates the uniqueness and holistic nature of the YMCA philosophy, mission and vision. Seeks opportunities to fulfil the philosophy of the Association inside and outside of immediate job responsibilities.
- Volunteer Stewardship: Understands the important role volunteers play in our Association. Contributes to a welcoming and supportive environment for all volunteers, and demonstrates appreciation for their commitment.
- Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Philanthropy: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of the role of Philanthropy in achieving the YMCA’s mission.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long-term work goals.
- Quality Focus: Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Self-Management: Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to their supervisor.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Innisfil, ON, Canada