Employment & Learning Services Team Leader
The Employment & Learning Services Team Leader – Program & Project Development is part of the management team of Employment & Learning Services, reporting directly to the Regional Manager. The Team Leader supports the development of new initiatives while overseeing ongoing programming.
In this role, you will:
- Provide general support and direction to staff and volunteers, maintaining effective communication to ensure satisfactory service to the client and that contract objectives are met
- Promote the YMCA in the community by fostering relationships with agencies, funders, and community partners
- Initiate the development and implementation of a plan that supports the YMCA vision related to the strategic plan, investigating opportunities that focus on the improvement and expansion of service
- Support the General Manager in initiating new projects and programs. Develop, implement and oversee employment and training programs, and other projects as appropriate, making certain all participant targets, quality measures, and financial objectives are achieved. Monitoring of program budgets and allocations
- Support all departmental change initiatives, including planning, strategy, communication and implementation
- Initiates community relationships and fosters relationships that enhance the profile of the YMCA and Employment & Learning Services
- University degree and/or College equivalent with a focus on Social Sciences and/or Humanities
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position in an employment/social service setting
- Minimum of 3 years experience with the YMCA, a charity or non-profit organization
- Experience with the development and implementation of new community/social service programs required, or demonstrated project management experience
- Passion for and experience driving exceptional customer service
- Experience supporting frontline staff through the process of change is highly desired
- Demonstrated familiarity with data-driven performance management systems and target attainment, and supporting frontline staff in target attainment
- Career/employment coaching experience an asset
- Previous experience working with participants facing significant barriers to employment an asset
- Budget development and monitoring experience; previous YMCA management experience an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, and online platforms
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness to participate in mandated training to be completed before or shortly after commencement of work including:
- AODA Training
- Health & Safety Awareness Training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) Training
- PCI Compliance
- Child Protection Training
Why work for the Y:
At the YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka, we believe in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members and staff. As an Employment & Learning Services Team Leader – Program & Project Development you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of our members and the community as a whole. You will work alongside a supportive team of individuals who are committed to our mission of building healthy communities.
- Typical work hours for Monday -Friday 8:00am -4:30pm with built in flexibility
- Extended Health benefits after 90 days
- Paid sick time
- Wellness day
- YMCA Health and Fitness membership
- Pension Plan after 2 years
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career, working with a diverse team where your own ideas will be heard, then the YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka is the perfect place for you.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is a registered charity committed to fostering healthy communities by empowering children, youth, and families, promoting well-being, and encouraging social responsibility.
Our YMCA employs over a thousand staff and hundreds of volunteers who serve tens of thousands of individuals each year in various programs such as childcare, camps, health and fitness, leadership development, employment and literacy, immigrant services, and youth programming. We offer over $1 million in financial assistance annually to ensure accessibility for those who cannot afford to participate.
Beyond facilities and programs, covering Simcoe County, Muskoka and Parry Sound Districts, our YMCA is a supportive community that fosters mental, emotional, and physical well-being. We empower children and youth to become strong, confident, and resilient individuals. We assist individuals and families at all stages of life to connect with what matters most to them, fostering a sense of belonging. By supporting people from diverse backgrounds, ages, and abilities to achieve their health goals, fulfill their potential, and feel a genuine sense of belonging, we contribute to the creation of stronger communities.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka successfully raises over $1 million each year through strategic campaigns.
Applications will remain open until September 29, 2023.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $59,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,500.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Telecommute % 20
- Job Start Date November 6, 2023
- Midland, ON, Canada