Membership - Coordinator Volunteer Development
Join us at YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka and be a driving force for positive change in our community as the Coordinator of Volunteer Development. In this exciting role, you'll work closely with our General Manager and Membership Service and Sales Supervisor to cultivate meaningful relationships with volunteers, contributing to the heartwarming impact we have on our community.
Your mission will be to foster a strong sense of connection and satisfaction among our volunteers, ensuring that they're not only engaged but also experiencing the joy of making a real difference. By nurturing these valuable relationships, you'll play a vital role in creating an environment where everyone feels valued and empowered.
If you're passionate about community engagement, customer service, and making a genuine impact, we invite you to bring your skills to our team. Join us in creating a space where volunteers thrive, and together, we'll create a lasting legacy of positive change!
This is a one year part-time contract position.
In this role, you will:
- Champion the YMCA mission and values, supporting our community and participants with dedication.
- Streamline volunteer coordination, from applications to fitting placements, ensuring a smooth experience.
- Lead volunteer orientation, training, and ongoing communication to keep our volunteers engaged.
- Maintain accurate records of hours, documents, and schedules to keep everything on track.
- Collaborate with Supervisors to create rewarding assignments that match volunteers' skills and interests.
- Amplify the importance of volunteers within our organization and co-facilitate impactful training sessions.
- Conduct insightful volunteer evaluations and contribute to the association's Volunteer Workgroup.
- Spearhead dynamic appreciation initiatives that make our volunteers feel valued and celebrated.
- Oversee the volunteer program's budget and expenditures while adhering to regulations.
- Foster connections with Youth Services, local schools, and the wider community to promote volunteerism.
- Drive recruitment for special events, contributing to our impactful community engagement.
- Manage member newsletters bi-monthly, ensuring timely and relevant communication.
- Degree or Diploma in related field
- Proven Customer Service Experience
- Minimum 2 years of results-oriented experience.
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Child Protection orientation
- AODA training
- Health & Safety Awareness training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
- PCI Compliance
- Mandated training is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Willingness to participate in mandated training to be completed before or shortly after commencement of work including:
- AODA Training
- Health & Safety Awareness Training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) Training
- PCI Compliance
- Child Protection Training
Why work for the Y:
At the YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka, we believe in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members and staff. As a Coordinator Volunteer Development you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of our members and the community as a whole. You will work alongside a supportive team of individuals who are committed to our mission of building healthy communities.
- Compensation $18.10/hour
- Flexible part time up to 10 hours per week
- Paid sick time
- Wellness day
- YMCA Health and Fitness membership
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career, working with a diverse team where your own ideas will be heard, then the YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka is the perfect place for you.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is a registered charity committed to fostering healthy communities by empowering children, youth, and families, promoting well-being, and encouraging social responsibility.
Our YMCA employs over a thousand staff and hundreds of volunteers who serve tens of thousands of individuals each year in various programs such as childcare, camps, health and fitness, leadership development, employment and literacy, immigrant services, and youth programming. We offer over $1 million in financial assistance annually to ensure accessibility for those who cannot afford to participate.
Beyond facilities and programs, covering Simcoe County, Muskoka and Parry Sound Districts, our YMCA is a supportive community that fosters mental, emotional, and physical well-being. We empower children and youth to become strong, confident, and resilient individuals. We assist individuals and families at all stages of life to connect with what matters most to them, fostering a sense of belonging. By supporting people from diverse backgrounds, ages, and abilities to achieve their health goals, fulfill their potential, and feel a genuine sense of belonging, we contribute to the creation of stronger communities.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka successfully raises over $1 million each year through strategic campaigns.
Applications will remain open until October 6, 2023.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.10
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date October 16, 2023
- Job End Date October 14, 2024
- Wasaga Beach, ON, Canada