Parry Sound HS Full-time RECE
Looking for Passionate Child Care Workers to join our team!
Location: Parry Sound High School YMCA Child Care
Hours of Work: Full-time, Monday to Friday approximately 30-40 hours/week
- Health, Rx, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance\Funded Retirement and Savings Plan
- Complimentary access to virtual and/or in-person opportunities promoting health and fitness
- Discounted Program Fees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculum’s Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- RECEs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration
- OR actively enrolled in Early Childhood Educator program
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.25
- Max Hiring Rate $22.25
- Parry Sound, ON, Canada