Senior In Store Merchandiser
Department: Retail Stores
Location: Scarborough Town Centre, ON
Workplace Type: On-site
Job Type: Full-time , Permanent
JD Sports is a sports-fashion retail company with the incentive to inspire the emerging generation of globally minded consumers through a connection to the universal culture of sport, music and fashion. Established in 1981, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion, and Outdoor brands. With our retail stores expanding and evolving all throughout Canada, The Group is continuously finding and developing talent that adds to the inclusive and diverse work culture. JD continuously and successfully sets the global standard for retail experience best through the unique delivery of the world’s most authentic brands to the market. Our commitment to showcasing brands in a premium environment and stores remain a key part of the JD strategy.
Our team is looking to fulfill the role of the Senior In Store Merchandiser at our Scarborough Town Centre location. Looking for someone with a high sense of urgency, keen eye for detail and driven mentality. The ideal candidate would be part of the store’s Junior Management team, you will provide managerial support and provide assistance in the supervision of all staff while maintaining the standards of the shop floor. As part of the in-store team you will provide visual support to the store, engaging our customers by creative product placement and utilizing the latest fashion trends. You will create window and in-store displays whilst maximizing store profitability through enticing visual concepts. Most importantly, you will be responsible for bringing out new and fresh products for our customers and ensure that the JD Standards are followed throughout the store.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases by using creative visual techniques.
- Ensure that mannequins, displays and windows are alternated through the seasons and the events of the retail calendar.
- Analyze Oracle figures to assist you in product placement and floor layout.
- Communicate and provide feedback to Town Merchandiser on visual merchandising activity in-store.
- Set up and monitor in-store promotions.
- Provide training and assist with team development on merchandising and displays.
- Ensure weekly development practices to grow current associates to fill future roles.
- Promote a high standard of hygiene, cleanliness and maintenance in line with company procedures.
- Conducting your work in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- To work in a highly professional manner, leading by example at all times.
- Minimum of 6 months - 1 year of visual merchandising experience.
- Be creative, imaginative and have a flair for coordinating product flow.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to have a flexible schedule.
- Pay Type Hourly
- JD Sports - Scarborough Town Centre, 300 Borough Drive, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada