Department: Retail Stores
Location: CF Carrefour Laval, Montreal
Workplace Type: On-site
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
JD Sports is a sports-fashion retail company with the incentive to inspire the emerging generation of globally minded consumers through a connection to the universal culture of sport, music and fashion. Established in 1981, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion, and Outdoor brands. With our retail stores expanding and evolving all throughout Canada, The Group is continuously finding and developing talent that adds to the inclusive and diverse work culture. JD continuously and successfully sets the global standard for retail experience best through the unique delivery of the world’s most authentic brands to the market. Our commitment to showcasing brands in a premium environment and stores remain a key part of the JD strategy.
Our team is looking to fulfill the role of Footwear Supervisor at our CF Carrefour Laval location. Looking for someone with a high sense of urgency, keen eye for detail and driven mentality. The ideal candidate would be part of the store’s Junior Management team, you will provide managerial support and help maintain as well as improve the levels of customer service throughout your section. You will provide assistance in the supervision of all staff while maintaining the standards of the shop floor. Furthermore, you will deal with certain managerial processes on a daily basis as instructed by Store Management. Development opportunities within the junior management are vast as there is room to grow with the company in-store with leadership characteristics such as creativity, problem-solving, and adaptability.
- Collaborating with the junior management to attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in-store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Handling customer complaints and enquiries to provide excellent levels of customer service.
- Creating innovative strategies to capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Providing assistance with the maintenance of standards on the sales floor.
- Encourage and foster personal progression throughout the store.
- Managing associates within company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Providing assistance with the induction and training of new starters.
- Have an understanding of the Mystery Shopper program.
- 2 + years of retail experience.
- Minimum of six months of retail management experience.
- Well rounded knowledge of both in-house and global brands (Nike, Lacoste, Adidas, The NorthFace, etc.).
- Openness to feedback and willingness to develop.
- High sense of urgency and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Laval, QC, Canada