Back of House Coordinator
Department: Retail Stores
Location: Chinook, AB
Workplace Type: On-site
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
JD Sports is a sports-fashion retail company with the incentive to inspire the emerging generation of globally minded consumers through a connection to the universal culture of sport, music and fashion. Established in 1981, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion, and Outdoor brands. With our retail stores expanding and evolving all throughout Canada, The Group is continuously finding and developing talent that adds to the inclusive and diverse work culture. JD continuously and successfully sets the global standard for retail experience best through the unique delivery of the world’s most authentic brands to the market. Our commitment to showcasing brands in a premium environment and stores remain a key part of the JD strategy.
Our Retail Team is looking for a Back of House Supervisor at our Market Mall location! Looking for someone with a high sense of urgency, keen eye for detail and driven mentality. The ideal candidate would be part of the store’s Junior Management team, you will provide managerial support and help maintain as well as improve overall efficiency throughout your section. You will provide assistance in the supervision of all staff while maintaining the standards of the back room. Furthermore, you will deal with certain managerial processes on a daily basis as instructed by Store Management. Development opportunities within the junior management are vast as there is room to grow with the company in-store with leadership characteristics such as creativity, problem-solving, and adaptability.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the stockroom and ensure accurate labelling, logical placement, neat arrangement, and cleanliness.
- Contribute to the profitability of the retail operation by accurately receiving, handling, and managing the inventory of merchandise in a timely and organized manner.
- Managing end-to-end daily e-commerce sales which consists of processing, picking, packing and shipping orders direct to customer.
- Communicate on a daily basis with customer service and stores via slack channels and email.
- Decrease store shrinkage by researching inventory discrepancies and problem-solving issues to ensure optimal sales.
- Encourage and foster personal progression throughout the staff team
- Managing associates within company guidelines, policies and procedures
- Providing assistance with the induction and training of new starters
- Daily use of our inventory system.
- 2+ years of retail management or stockroom experience required.
- Experience with Shopify platform is an asset.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and task oriented.
- Must have a high sense of urgency.
- Must be both proactive and organized.
- IT skills- Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is an asset.
- Pay Type Hourly
- JD Sports - Chinook Centre, 6455 Macleod Trail, Calgary, Alberta, Canada