Commercial Specialist - Wolf NGL
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
At Wolf we have an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Wolf's purpose is to deliver the future of energy infrastructure, today. We look for people who have a forward-thinking mind-set and who exemplify the Wolf Ways: We are OneWolf, We Find a Better Way, We Do The Right Thing, and We Own It!
This Calgary-based role will provide critical support to the Wolf NGL business with a strong focus on commercial analytics and marketing support. The role will provide critical information to the commercial NGL team and will be involved in both the day-to-day and long-term planning. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven individual with an exceptional history of high performance, excellent analytical and presentation skills to be a key contributing member of the team, furthering opportunities for our emerging NGL business.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial and working closely with the Senior Specialist as well as multiple stakeholders around the organization, the key responsibilities will include:
Commercial Operations and Marketing
- Manage the maintenance of the NGL commercial model, customer nominations and forecasting
- Integrate daily operations into monthly and annual business performance reports
- Maintain and develop dashboards and other key presentation materials that summarize the NGL business to Senior Leadership
- Lead coordination between commercial and operations team for supporting forecast assumptions across all facilities, as well as volume expectations and commercial parameters
- Work closely with marketing accounting to ensure accuracy of invoicing, NGL balancing and reconciliations
- Liaise with other business units like Corporate Development and Corporate Accounting to provide NGL business updates on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support both the Commercial and Operations teams with commercial aspects of utilities and supply agreements
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong analytical skills will be a requirement with the candidate being able to perform time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to summarize and present complex data in easy-to-understand ways
- High proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs, mainly Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI
- An understanding of the NGL, marine export and petrochemicals sectors would be an asset
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Business, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the financial or energy industry
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to interact with numerous stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and an ability to work in a lean organization
- Competitive compensation with eligibility in our bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employer matched savings plan
- Parental leave top-up
- Flex time
Interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23rd, 2024. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada