Operator - NGL Recovery
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
At Wolf we have an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Wolf's purpose is to deliver the future of energy infrastructure, today. We look for people who have a forward-thinking mind-set and who exemplify the Wolf Ways: We are OneWolf, We Find a Better Way, We Do The Right Thing, and We Own It!
Under the general direction of the Lead Operator, this position is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Wolf Recovery Facility (WRF I) and associated pipelines. This position must see safety as a priority while focusing on operating efficiencies, budgets, worker competency, governmental and industry regulation compliance while contributing to a diverse work team.
This is a full-time permanent camp-based position at WRF I located approximately an hour South of Fort McMurray, AB. The shift for this position is 7 days on / 7 days off. Transportation to site is provided from major airports in Western Canada or via pool vehicles from select locations.
- Assistant Shift Operator, as defined by the Recovery Superintendent
- Perform plant rounds and readings to ensure equipment is operating within process parameters
- Identify location and operation of all plant equipment and respond quickly to process upsets while maintaining operations best practices, safety of facility, and to minimize plant downtime
- Isolate and prepare equipment for maintenance, performing lock-out and tag out and ensuring zero energy isolation is achieved; and properly identify, report and communicate plant equipment and safety deviations through Work Orders, Hazard ID’s and Operations Log
- Complete assigned tasks; Work Orders, Safety Checklists, Job Hazard Assessments, Critical Job Checklists and the issue of Safe Work Authorizations
- Participate in procedure review/development, safety bypass, lock-out and tag-out and the operations training program
- Learn the operations of all HMI systems efficiently. Troubleshoot and communicate process deviations and upsets to the Lead Operator
- Develop a thorough understanding of the plant Emergency Response Plan and properly carry out Emergency Response Procedures as requested by the Incident Commander
- Assist and participate in EHS meetings, inspections and all other EHS requirements
- Report any health, safety, security, or environmental concerns through HSE management system incident reporting
- Ensure Contractor work is performed as per Wolf, EHS and Site-Specific Practices
- Accountable for good housekeeping practices throughout the site through weekly / monthly housekeeping duties
- Assist with on-the-job training to new hires and Junior Operators to allow increased knowledge and advancement
- Provide vacation coverage for other Operators if requested
- Provide operations coverage at all NGL facilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- A demonstrated safety mindset when operating
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex operational issues
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate Chemical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Gas Plant Operations Certificates, Power Engineering 3rd Class and/or similar technical education are considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years operations/maintenance experience in oil and gas industry. Preference will be given to candidates with direct NGL recovery experience
- Results orientated with the ability to work without supervision and can manage many concurrent indirect activities
- Demonstrates leadership and supervision
- Health, Safety and Environmental safety training and experience
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Competitive compensation and bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits and wellness support including parental leave top-up
- Employer matched savings plan
The successful candidate will be offered a position at an appropriate level based off experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com . We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mariana Lake, AB T0P 1J0, Canada