Job Title: Process Operator
Reporting to: Production Manager
Greenfield is looking for a Process Operator to join our growing team.
This position is responsible for the operational process consisting of Mashing, Dryers, Distillation, and Control Board. This role will maintain safety standards while working to achieve quality and production targets. Process Operators identify opportunities for improvement and take an active role in executing those improvements with the assistance of their Production Team Lead.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower-carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.
Who You Are:
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills who can collaborate across departments
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who can self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility.
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
Your Experience Should Include:
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma / degree. Significant related work experience may be considered in the absence of a technical diploma or degree
- Three to five years of relevant work experience. Experience in a continuous operation facility is an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to make timely decisions related to process disruptions
- Competent at managing multiple priorities with varying complexity and competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve production targets.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Monitor daily operations using a combination of computer displays (DCS), meters, gauges and recording devices, and make the required adjustments to maintain product quality
- Troubleshoot, and accurately record data, incidents, and actions for the detection and correction of operational problems using a team approach
- Operate the facility using equipment that includes but is not limited to hammermills, conveyors, dryers, fermenters, pumps, blowers, augers, evaporators, centrifuges, boilers, waste water treatment, chillers, distillation towers, mole sieves, DCS, and lab sampling equipment, etc.
- Ensures completion of all field logs. Ensures that accepted GMP standards with respect to logging of information are followed
- Responsible for the completion of all safety permit processing and lock out-tag out for the production process
- Participate in the planning and completion of project work and shutdown work for production process
- Actively monitor equipment and assist in the preventative maintenance program by visually inspecting equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions, repairs, adjustments or lubrication
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending and participating in 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution opportunities
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and communication
- Openness to Change
- Innovation: We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
- Collaboration: We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
- Responsibility: Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
- Agility: Our team is not only fast, we have the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
- Discipline: At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chatham, ON, Canada