Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Greenfield is looking for a Maintenance Planner to join our growing team.
This position is responsible for the effective planning of daily maintenance and shutdown activities at the Chatham plant. The Maintenance Planner will take ownership of the CMMS (Maximo) from a maintenance perspective as well as the preventative maintenance (PM) program.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower-carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards.
- Resourceful, practical, and focused individual, with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Team-oriented with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities to create efficiencies, and can anticipate future obstacles and act to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility.
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
Your Experience Should Include:
- Completion of a post-secondary technical diploma.
- Five years of experience in maintenance planning role is desired.
- Experience with CMMS such as Maximo system would be an asset.
- Competent person who is familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act Green Book requirements and administers all applicable regulations consistently.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develop detailed job plans for all maintenance activities including:
- Estimate and complete in-field assessment to determine scope of work, labour, trades, materials and parts, and a review of safety hazards
- Include drawings, cost estimates and resources within completed job plans to ensure sufficient information is included
- In collaboration with the Purchaser & Inventory Clerk, ensure all necessary parts are available onsite
- In collaboration with the Maintenance Scheduler, prioritize and recommend work order schedule
- Ensure all maintenance work carried out has been properly recorded in CMMS
- Responsible for the post-job audit of completed work within CMMS and update job plans as required
- Maintain the maintenance backlog and hold weekly meetings with department leads to assess scope of work requests.
- Responsible for the coordination, planning and schedule of shutdown at the Chatham plant including:
- Development of detailed job plans including the scope of work, labour, material and parts required
- Create site-wide Gantt chart to detail execution schedule for shutdown
- Secure contractors, and participate in site walks with contractors and Greenfield personnel
- Lead pre-shutdown planning meetings and daily shutdown update meetings to achieve open communication for all departments
- Collaborate with maintenance team and department leads to support all activities and timelines for a successful shutdown.
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance (PM) program, in that:
- Ensure all new and existing equipment has a detailed job plan and PM routine in CMMS
- Review equipment PM and make changes as required to keep up-to-date records
- Ensure all necessary parts for planned PM and work orders are available onsite
- Ensure all follow-up work orders are generated after the PM is complete
- In collaboration with maintenance and reliability teams, develop predictive maintenance (PDM) schedule and routines and update CMMS.
- Maintain up-to-date equipment records and calibrations.
- Contribute and support maintenance team efforts in:
- Establishment of acceptable spare parts inventory levels standards based on frequency of usage, criticality of equipment, and delivery time
- Improvement of standard maintenance procedures and efficient flow of the work order system.
- Provide coverage for the Purchaser & Inventory Clerk during absence.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 6S opportunities within facility.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review.
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution opportunities
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and communication
- Openness to Change
- Innovation: We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers
- Collaboration: We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements
- Responsibility: Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals
- Agility: Our team is not only fast, we have the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions
- Discipline: At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chatham, ON, Canada