Shipping & Receiving Operator
Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Operator
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Brookfield, CT
Greenfield is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Operator to join our growing team.
The Shipping & Recieving Operator is responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of shipments in accordance with established policies and procedures. This includes labeling and staging of products, loading and unloading of trucks, and receiving of finished goods, raw materials and containers, caps, and closures.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower-carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.
Preparing orders for shipment by:
Accurately label and stage products for shipment.
Reviewing shipment requirements.
Picking products and scaaning with a mobile device.
Preparing and staging orders for shipment, i.e., shrinkwrap and corner boards.
Applying packing slips with the additional documentation needed for transportation.
Completing and posting shipments within shipping software (D365).
Operate various types of equipment used in the shipping process, such as forklifts, pallet. jacks, and hand trucks.
Load and unload trucks and ensure that all products are safely and securely stored for transport.
Receiving of raw materials and finished goods such as:
Raw material packaging components, i.e., containers, caps, and closures.
Raw material chemicals, i.e., IBC, Drums, and smaller packaging.
Re-useable containers i.e., IBC.
Maintains a safe, organized, and clean work environment.
Familiar with FIFO (First in, First Out) inventory management.
Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures for the handling and shipping of goods.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to operate various types of equipment used in the shipping process, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organization skills.
Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Bending and lifting up to 70 lbs.
Able to work independently, as well as with interdepartmental teams
Attention to detail
1-2 years of experience in a shipping or logistics role preferred.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution opportunities
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and communication
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Innovation: We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
- Collaboration: We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
- Responsibility: Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
- Agility: Our team is not only fast, we have the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
- Discipline: At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.
Greenfield Global USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partner status, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Connecticut, 58 Vale Road, Brookfield, Connecticut, United States of America