Systems Administrator and Tester
Term: Contract of up to 10 months, Full-time
Division/Branch: Operations Division / Technology Regulation and iGaming Compliance (TRC) Branch
Work Location: AGCO Head Office, Toronto (Hybrid Work Model until further notice)
Application Deadline: September 18, 2023
Level: Level 6
Salary Range: Min: $32.55/hr to Max: $38.30/hr
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is a regulatory agency that reports to the Ministry of the Attorney General. The AGCO is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming, horseracing, and private cannabis retail sectors in Ontario, in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest.
Do you enjoy working with unique hardware and software systems? Do you like working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technical environment? If so, then the Technology Regulation and iGaming Compliance Branch (TRC) at the AGCO has an exciting new opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Technology Compliance, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure proper maintenance of TRC infrastructure, including:
- Testing equipment
- Computer networks
- Remote access
- Virtual machines
- Cloud computing environments
- Computers and associated infrastructure
- Perform risk-based testing and assessment of hardware and software components of electronic games of chance and systems.
- Conduct assessments of test results generated by third parties.
- Monitor gaming technology deployed at gaming sites to identify non-compliance issues.
- Deliver high-quality reports to management or the Deputy Registrar for decision.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Detail orientation and critical thinking skills to make inferences, including the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and adhere to strict timelines in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills to liaise with internal personnel as well as external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience to successfully maintain an ISO-accredited quality management system (preferably ISO 17025).
- Understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, IT controls and systems, including Network security, Application security, and Cloud security.
- General understanding of common communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.).
- General knowledge in computer hardware design and architecture.
- Experience working with virtual machines is an asset.
- Experience in Windows and Linux ecosystems.
- A commitment to building a culture around diversity, accountability and trust, achieving service excellence.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
Plus, the following knowledge set will be an asset:
- Knowledge of the nature, structure and operations of gaming operators and gaming equipment suppliers.
- Strong understanding of the roles, activities, and operations of all branches of the organization, and of AGCO’s role and organization within the broader government.
- Knowledge and understanding of AGCO technical standards, Registrar’s Standards, and Policies and Procedures related to maintaining controlled and secure environments.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada