Senior Human Resources Specialist
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Specialist
Term: 1 Contract of up to 19 months, Full-Time
Division/Branch: Corporate Services Division / Human Resources and Organizational Development (HROD) Branch
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Level: Level 9
Salary Range: Min: $37.93/hr to Max: $47.41/hr
Work Location: Head Office, Toronto, ON; Hybrid
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming, horse racing and private cannabis retail sectors in Ontario, in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest.
The Human Resources & Organizational Development (HROD) branch is seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Specialist to join their team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development, the Senior Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the execution of various projects within the branch and overall planning and coordination of branch activities to execute the AGCO’s People Strategy. In addition, the position will lead the design and development of HR related metrics and insights including performance scorecard, dashboards and any executive/board related materials required to support the HR leadership team to deliver on the commitments. Lastly, the incumbent will manage the HR policies and procedures library to ensure best practices and compliance with employment legislations.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Support the HR leadership team in developing the People Strategy and HR operational plans and demonstrates how HR contributes to business success across the organization.
- Support the defining of objectives, frameworks, and metrics for the HR strategic planning process and establish ownership and timelines for key planning steps; establish cadence of tracking and accountability of commitments.
- Translate and propose HR KPIs and regularly track and monitor progress to ensure alignment to corporate and divisional strategy and goals.
- Gather and compile relevant HR data and metrics from HRIS and other forms as required (surveys, exit interviews, etc.) and analyze data to identify trends, opportunities and risks to AGCO and recommends solutions.
- Develop reports, dashboards and/or presentations that communicate performance achievements, progress to goals and measured business value of HR strategical investments.
- Oversee reviews of reporting on agreed cadence with HR leadership team and required senior stakeholders.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all HR policies and notify relevant HR team members of upcoming policies to be reviewed.
- Manage the branch communications to staff and relevant stakeholders as requested.
- Take minutes for HR leadership meetings and ensure action items are clearly noted and communicated and followed through.
- Administer the AGCO Health & Safety Program: i.e. maintaining and updating Health and Safety documents, arranging JHSC meetings.
- Manage all H&S Incident Report and WSIB record keeping.
- Administer the Wellness Program including developing a monthly theme and communications and regularly reviewing up-to-date information.
- Lead and manage on ad hoc projects as assigned, from inception to implementation including preparing business case.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in HR, business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- CHRL designation through HRPA is required.
- 5 years of HR experience in a senior capacity.
- Strong practical knowledge of ESA, Human Rights legislation, OH&S and other HR related regulations.
- Working experience in writing reports, policies, HR procedures and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to produce dashboards, reports and presentations that effectively communicate messaging succinctly and at the appropriate technical or seniority level.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Strong customer and user experience focus, result oriented with follow through.
- Experience in Project Management and Change Management.
- Experience working directly with leaders in developing HR related strategies, preferably with senior management.
- Proven experience in supporting HR strategic planning, roadmaps, and communications.
- Understanding of financial management fundamentals.
- Exposure to development of HR performance measures, KPI development and reporting.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Understanding of Ontario Public Service (OPS) technological guidelines and mandates, HR policies and procedures, procurement directive, MTO directives, etc.
- Extensive experience with dealing with partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Experienced in working with HRIS (Time and attendance, Ceridian products, etc.,).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio).
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada