Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to: Director, Maintenance
Location: 445 Palmer Road NE, Calgary, Alberta
Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm – Monday to Friday
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
The big picture:
AirSprint Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk at our maintenance facility. This position involves working directly with the maintenance department in processing purchase orders and vendor invoices, while following up with warranty claims and outstanding credit notes. If you have a passion for pursuing excellence in everything you do and value fostering relationships with all stakeholders in an organization, this position will be suited to you. The role will appeal to those who work effectively in a team and exhibit strong communication skills and attention to detail.
In this role you will:
- Receive and process vendor invoices, with an emphasis on maintenance and inventory expenditures.
- Attach PO documentation to invoices for manager approvals.
- Communicate with vendors regarding invoice inquiries and discrepancies.
- Work closely with parts managers to ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices.
- Participate in inventory cycle counts and assist with investigating discrepancies.
- Review and approval of company credit card expenses and employee expense claims.
- Reconcile vendor statements to payables subledgers.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Two years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and working directly in accounting software.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong attention to detail and positive attitude.
- Recently worked in an office environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Diploma or certificate in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Sage ERP 300 experience.
- Advanced analytical capabilities.
- Airline industry experience.
- Prior experience in a paperless workflow.
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Are passionate about providing exceptional results.
- Act with integrity and honesty and can maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills.
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
- Can roll with the punches without getting flustered.
We think you’ll like working for us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off.
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program.
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence.
- We offer family and friends flight benefits.
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People mean we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation.
- We value Safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment.
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost and personalized for their individual needs.
AirSprint values diversity in our workplace and wants to ensure every applicant is treated equitably and respectfully. If you require any support in the application process, including disability accommodation, please get in touch with Human Resources at humanresources@AirSprint.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary - Head Office, 35 McTavish Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada