Training Specialist - Preclinical Laboratory
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About the Role
The Training Specialist (TS) works closely with the In Vivo Management Team and Training Program Manager to develop training standards and produce material to support the training and education of staff. You will also act as a certified trainer, training personnel to be competent in skills and knowledge. As a TS, you will serve as a role model to staff facility wide, promoting Alta’s high standards of animal welfare, technical proficiency, and data quality.
What You'll Do Here
- Identify, coordinate, and schedule training within assigned departments.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of in-vivo operational training program.
- Consistently train personnel according to the most recent SOPs and Training Program procedures.
- Develop relationships with supervisors, certified trainers, and trainees to fulfill training needs.
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of training materials and methodology.
- Evaluate technical competency, procedural compliance, and professional conduct of employees.
- Perform study related activities as needed to support in-vivo groups.
- Assist management with the completion and accuracy of training records.
- Promote Professionalism and Safety in the Workplace.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1.5-2 years’ experience in a GLP compliant bio-medical research field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AALAS Certification or desire to become certified is preferred
- Ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of industry data collection practices and GLP regulatory guidelines.
- Internal candidates must have a proven track record of procedural compliance and promoting the importance of data quality and animal welfare.
- Prior experience in training or leadership is preferred.
What We Offer:
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences' Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
Altasciences' Incentive Programs Include:
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Join our team and be a part of our commitment to excellence in preclinical research. Your role as a Training Coordinator is instrumental in ensuring that our team is well-equipped to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the field. Apply your skills and passion for training to make a meaningful impact on our journey towards scientific excellence.
- Job Family T-3
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA