Necropsy Technician II
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About The Role
Are you a skilled Necropsy Technician ready to make an impact in a dynamic preclinical environment? Are you interested in intimately learning anatomy of tissue and organ systems of multiple species? At Altasciences Preclinical Columbia, we are looking for passionate individuals to join our team. As a Pathology Associate, you'll play a crucial role in our quest for excellence. To perform the job of Pathology Associate successfully, the individual is required to perform, but not limited to: The dissection of animals of a number of different species for the purpose of pre-clinical research. Recording gross observations and organ weights which will be used for anatomic pathology evaluation. The identification, collection and preparation of tissues for histology processing. The ability to maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment, to participate in meetings and discussions to prepare for upcoming studies.
What You'll Do Here
- Records data according to standards.
- Provides high standards of animal care with empathy and professionalism.
- Performs and assists with the dissections at necropsy.
- Identifies and records collection of tissues, organ weights, observations and identification of any abnormalities.
- Trims tissues for histology processing.
- Cross trains to other areas of pre-clinical research including the live animal phase of research.
- Cross training to support surgeries.
- Perform advanced/specialized necropsy procedures.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as the assessment of equipment, tools, instruments, ventilation, equipment, etc. and critically evaluates the workspace.
- Meets acceptable data standards according to the data quality performance standards.
- Work is done with integrity and can be relied upon.
- Checks data upon completion and assists with daily data review of both electronic and paper data. Deviations, edits, etc. are done in a timely manner.
- Communication, both written and verbal, to necessary departments is clear, well organized, and timely.
- Assist Research Associates, Veterinarian Technicians, Life Histology, and/or other Labs and participate in a weekend and evening work, as needed.
- Participates in “on-call” necropsy rotation.
What You'll Need to Succeed
Bachelor’s degree in science related field preferred.
- Prior laboratory/ research experience is a plus
Prior experience working with animals is a plus
- Skills: Problem solving and analysis, collaboration, ethical conduct/integrity, project management, adaptability, customer focus, communication, teamwork, active listening, time management, organization and thoroughness.
- Physical demands: Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
- Have a high attention to detail and good data recording practices.
What We Offer
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
- Telework when applicable
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Job Family T-3
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA