Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About The Role
The Laboratory Assistant supports the Anatomic Pathology personnel in conducting daily processes, assists staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, and overall care in the laboratory environment. They will be engaged in the conduct of or responsible for the supervision of a nonclinical laboratory study shall have the education, training and experience, or combination thereof, to enable that individual to perform their assigned functions. The Laboratory Specialist I will be required to comply with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and all regulatory requirements applicable to the position. Their daily duties will include developing, revising, reviewing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as applicable
to the position. This role must understand and incorporate the information contained in the Employee Handbook into day-to-day job performance and strive to demonstrate the Company’s values in all work-related activities.
What You'll Do Here
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly laboratory environment.
- Assists with necropsy and trimming preparation.
- Performs fixed tissue trimming.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Ordering of warehouse supplies and data entry to laboratory inventory records.
- Ensures proper documentation and labeling of laboratory reagents.
- Disposition of hazardous chemical, generation of the hazardous chemical lab pack and data entry to the laboratory hazardous chemical records
- Performs paraffin tissue processing.
- Performs routine hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) staining and cover slipping of microscopic slides.
- Documentation and data review practices in compliance with GLP regulations.
- Assists staff with study-related procedures.
- Prepares specimens for shipment.
- Prepares specimens for archive.
- May cross train in other laboratory areas.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends, and evening hours as needed.
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with policies and procedures. PPE may include, but is not limited to: N-95 respirator, face mask, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, gloves, lab coat, scrubs, shoe covers, and hair bouffant.
- Handles and disposes biological and/or chemical substances and wastes in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate work in Biology or related sciences preferred.
- 6 months – 1 year experience working in a research or laboratory setting.
- Basic math and computer software skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as SOPs, safety rules, software manuals, and study documents.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization.
- Continual GLP training, applicable Health & Safety training, relevant department SOPs, annual formaldehyde testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic laboratory equipment.
What We Offer
The pay range estimated for this position is $18.74-24.98 per hour. Please note that hourly rates/salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, prior relevant experience, skills, education, certification, location as well as internal equity and market data.
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Job Family OS-2
- Pay Type Hourly
- Everett, WA, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA