Research Associate - Laboratory Animals
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About The Role
Join a dynamic team at the forefront of scientific research! As a Research Associate, you'll embark on an exciting journey where you'll perform cutting-edge procedures, collaborate with renowned experts, and contribute to groundbreaking discoveries. From caring for animals and collecting data to operating state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, you'll be an integral part of our mission to advance scientific knowledge. If you're ready to make a significant impact and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we invite you to bring your passion, attention to detail, and adaptability to our innovative research endeavors. Let's push the boundaries of what's possible together!
Altasciences Preclinical Columbia (APC) is seeking a Research Associate to join our team. The Research Associate (RA) performs a variety of biomedical research and animal care duties to assist the Study Director(s), Study Coordinator(s), Staff Veterinarian(s) and other Research Associate(s). As a RA you will be working directly with animals and participate in the collection of raw data, the routine husbandry of animals and you will serve as a role model to staff facility wide, promoting Alta’s high standards of animal welfare, technical proficiency, and data quality.
What You'll Do Here
- Handle, restrain, and manipulate animals consistently, professionally, and with empathy.
- Contribute to data collection and conduct of research projects in accordance with SOP’s and study protocols.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Perform routine procedures (such as general husbandry procedures, animal health procedures, body weights, food consumption, dose administration, sample processing, etc.).
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as the assessment of animal housing and caging, ventilation, equipment, etc.
- Completes training focused on general skills for the area of work.
- Understands the importance of the work done at a contract research organization and how it relates to human and animal health.
- Drives collaborative relationships with other departments and provides assistance where needed.
- Communicates with all levels of management and employees regarding study or animal care developments.
- Promotes Professionalism and Safety in the Workplace
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Education: BS/BA preferred, High School and/or GED, acceptable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- AALAS Certification or desire to become certified is preferred.
- The ideal candidate has knowledge of industry data collection practices and GLP regulatory guidelines.
What We Offer
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
- Telework when applicable
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Job Family T-3
- Pay Type Hourly
- Auxvasse, MO 65231, USA
- Columbia, MO, USA