Laboratory Coordinator, Sample Management/Service
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
What You'll Do Here
- Be responsible for monitoring tasks conducted in the Sample Management Technicians Service group.
- To report major issues to the supervisor in a timely matter.
- To oversee and coach and train staff on study material integrity as well as their control, request and dispensation, and destruction of study material (excluding study samples).
- To ensure procedures are followed properly by staff.
- Responsible to find solutions and support for day-to-day issues
- To ensure that assigned tasks to Sample Management Technicians Service are completed within timelines as defined by the Supervisor, or that tasks are re-assigned when needed.
- To ensure organization and optimization of freezers storage space.
- To oversee the destruction of all study materials, except study samples.
- To oversee the reception and inventory of blank matrices.
- To verify paperwork generated by the Sample Management Technicians Service group.
- To conduct in-life verifications and provide results/follow-ups/suggestions for improvements following observations.
- Be responsible for the quality/execution of the daily work.
- To ensure chain custody of study material in Watson LIMS.
- To write and/or review user guides and training documents, as needed.
- To participate in initiatives and focus groups to optimize processes and procedures.
- High school degree or higher in health sciences
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or medically regulated fields
- Knowledge of FDA-GLP, GCP and TPD regulations
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Very good knowledge of Watson LIMS, MS Office and Kanbanize
What We Offer
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
- Telework when applicable
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Job Family T-3
- Pay Type Hourly
- Laval, QC, Canada