Reservations Sales Agent
Our Reservations Sales Agents are passionate about travel, assisting our valued guests with booking their stay with Banff Lodging Company and being an ambassador in selling Banff National Park as a world renowned destination! During the course of the day you will respond to communications from guests, travel agents, FIT companies and wholesalers by phone, email and fax.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional manner and per Banff Lodging Company reservations procedure.
- Develop a rapport with the caller while answering questions, making recommendations and leading dialogue to a quote/booking.
- Convert telephone sales calls and electronic distribution channel bookings by selling Banff as a destination and the hotels within our portfolio.
- Assist guest and travel partners with questions throughout the entire booking cycle.
- Counsel clients on terms and conditions of travel i.e. check-in time and cancellation policies.
- Liaise with Front Office staff, booking partners and wholesalers to ensure guest needs are met.
- Process deposit payments, book reservations in our property management system, send out confirmation notices and document special requests.
- Utilize and share your expert knowledge of Banff Lodging Company’s products and local attractions to customize bookings to meet the unique needs of each guest.
- Input and manage data into our booking engine and reservation databases.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional telephone manner and a willingness to work with a positive team player attitude.
- Self-motivator with outgoing personality and commitment to providing a high level of guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience in a customer focused role is an asset.
- Experience using a hospitality property management system is an asset.
- A positive team player attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com or 403-760-8521.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Banff, AB, Canada