Information Technology - Senior Network Administrator
Reports to: Director, IT Operations
Under the general supervision of the Director IT Operations, the Senior Network Administrator will primarily be responsible for working as a part of the IT team to manage actions and coordinate with vendors and partners involved in providing support activities. This role will assist in the short and long-term strategic planning and delivery of network and communication infrastructures. This also includes planning for the construction and performance improvements and resolving communications issues through means of client support.
- Serve as a technical expert in system administration for complex operating systems and requires understanding a global or multi-office network infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain Azure IaaS Virtual Machines and Azure Application and Networking Services to support growth into the cloud.
- Identify improvements to IT documentation, network maps, processes/procedures, and tickets.
- Have hands on experience Shell Scripting - Power Shell Azure IaaS, PaaS, Azure Security, Configuring Management
- Manage network components: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 server backups, licensing network infrastructures and devices (firewalls and switches),
- Provide and coordinate support, maintenance and troubleshooting for network/telecommunications hardware and software.
- Evaluate new or emerging telecommunications/networking technologies and recommendations for new technologies for deployment.
- Engage with contracted vendors and partners to monitor network/telecommunications systems effectiveness and provide improvements where required.
- Supporting Level 1 and 2 teams with advanced technical issues and providing guidance and coaching.
- Previous experience in configuring, operating, and managing networks, servers, storage equipment of various brands, and a VMware environment.
- Additional responsibilities of this position will include maintaining network up-time and effective resolution of network failures, as well as, special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Provide high-quality support to our clients and take ownership of incidents and requests until resolution;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly present information to various audiences in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong customer service focus with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of security-related systems and applications such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks (VPNs), and associated network and protocols and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with all levels of employees through intuitive business insight and personal credibility; this includes the ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes.
- A self-starter attitude with problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to respond to incidents involving mission critical systems.
- Availability to occasionally work evenings and weekends for emergencies.
- Knowledge of system support life cycle methodologies, network topologies, transport and routing protocols.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus a minimum of 10 years of network and telecommunications experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- ITIL Foundation Training will be considered an asset.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- 151 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1S4, Canada