Lifeguard and Swim Instructor - FT Permanent
- Disclose vaccination status during the hiring process (in a respectful and confidential manner
- Provide documentation to support vaccination status prior to a job offer
- Participate in our rapid testing program and meet our vaccination deadlines for single-dose vaccine candidates
The Town of Canmore is currently looking for enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to work with our Aquatics Team at Elevation Place!
The Town of Canmore is currently accepting applications and looking to fill a newly open full-time permanent position as Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about lifeguarding and wanting to make a positive impact in our community!
Position Overview: The Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor position is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with lots of energy, enthusiasm for aquatics, and a positive teamwork attitude. In this role, you will get the opportunity to develop your leadership skills, as you will take the lead to help ensure our guests have both fun and safe experiences. You will meet many diverse and fascinating people in our facility. This includes, being part of and working with a large aquatics team, interacting with local community members, and even interacting with many visitor guests, who come from many different parts of the world. You will be responsible for lifeguarding during our busy public swims, teaching aquatics programs, and performing daily pool checks and maintenance.
For a full position description, please click here.
Attributes: Possession of the following qualifications and experience will help you to be successful in this role:
- Passionate for Aquatics, both Lifeguarding and Teaching.
- Previous aquatics industry experience and knowledge is preferred.
- A strong willingness to go above and beyond in providing excellent customer service and possess very strong interpersonal skills; as the role requires working with people of all ages and abilities.
- Safety-oriented mindset as ensuring safety is one of the top priorities of this role.
- Current Certifications; National Lifeguard Award (NL), Intermediate First Aid (previously named standard first aid), and Lifesaving Society Swim for Life® Instructor.
- Lifesaving Instructor, Lifesaving First Aid Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, Pool Operator Level 1, aquatic fitness such as CALA Instructor and other aquatic fitness or specialty certifications (i.e., Kayak, Swim Coach) are considered an asset.
Term & Salary: This is a permanent position, working 40 hours/week. Successful applicants will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. The hiring range for this position is: $23.93 to $26.74. In addition to being a great place to work, the Town of Canmore offers an opportunity for work-life balance, a full benefits package, a Health Spending Account and a generous retirement savings program.
Closing Date for Applications: This posting will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) and click the “Apply Now” button below. To help us learn more about you, in your cover letter please clearly detail the following:
1.Why do you want to be a Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor with the Town of Canmore?
2.What attitude, training or experience do you have that would make you a great addition to our team?
3. What is your availability to work (weekdays, evenings, weekends)?
Certifications: Please include copies of all relevant first aid and aquatics certifications with your application.
Prior to beginning work, the successful candidate will be required to submit all required certifications and documentation, including driver`s abstract and records checks. The Town of Canmore wishes to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Town of Canmore is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, colour, race, gender, ancestry, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Operational
- Min Hiring Rate $23.93
- Max Hiring Rate $26.74
- 700 Railway Ave, Canmore, AB T1W 1P4, Canada