Business Process Manager, Supply Chain Management
OmniaBio Inc. is a subsidiary of Toronto-based CCRM (ccrm.ca), a leader in developing and commercializing regenerative medicine-based technologies and cell and gene therapies. OmniaBio’s facility will be Canada’s first commercial-scale contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to cell and gene therapies and is expected to be the largest facility of its kind in Canada.
Based at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton, Ontario, OmniaBio will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and open in three phases between 2024 and 2026. OmniaBio has built a substantial team and continues to grow to prepare for this expansion. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise and business practices, OmniaBio currently has established process and analytical development teams and contract manufacturing capabilities. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), immunotherapy and lentiviral vectors (LVVs). The vision is to provide focused support for clients with late clinical-stage manufacturing and commercial supply needs, in addition to early-stage development and first in-human clinical trial material services. Please visit us at omniabio.comto learn more.
As the Business Process Manager, Supply Chain Management (BPM, SCM) you will evaluate, design, execute, measure, monitor and control all supply chain business processes relating to the end-to-end value chain, manufacturing and customer intimacy, and report to the head of IT Manufacturing. The BPM will ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with the organization’s strategic goals and will work collaboratively across all departments to help improve SCM business processes. The BPM will focus on the entire SCM process from beginning to end, introducing innovations into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability, and assist the organization in meeting its business objectives and goals. The BPM must have a good understanding of working in a regulated GxP environment, strong project management skills, and familiarity with operational excellence tools relating to Lean Six Sigma. The BPM translates business process needs into our enterprise resource planning (ERP) software – SAP – in collaboration with SAP consultants.
Business Process Partnership & Engineering
- Evaluate existing business processes.
- Determine and outline business process improvements.
- Evaluate, prioritize, recommend, and lead improvement opportunities and changes to existing processes.
- Define, drive, and coordinate the development of process improvement initiatives, projects, and activities.
- Meet with stakeholders to define operational requirements and goals.
- Design and document workflow, manage user expectations, and work collaboratively across the enterprise.
- Analyze the feasibility of the current business process related to productivity, quality, costs, demand, and time management.
- Assist in budget planning, forecasting, resource allocation, and scheduling process improvement projects.
- Coordinate business process improvement strategies with internal stakeholders.
- Oversee all aspects related to the implementation stages of business process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze and monitor implemented changes to business processes and adjust as needed.
- Train and educate the individuals involved in the management and operation of different business processes.
- Study the present market condition, forecast near future changes, and prepare new business processes accordingly.
- Track, monitor and communicate defects and hindrances in the supply chain and manufacturing process.
- Perform ongoing analysis of business processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management.
- Present progress reports and integrate feedback.
- Revise and update procedures and policies.
- Provide leadership and problem-solving expertise to effectively work with and influence teams of functional representatives.
- Track and control progress, schedules, and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and budget projections.
Project Management and Planning
- Responsible for developing project plans.
- Manage projects based on agreed project timelines, tasks, and scope.
- Predict possible time delays and scope creep.
- Create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines.
- Delegate project tasks to employees best positioned to complete them.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with a project.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Communicate with executives and/or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain expected standards.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change.
- Collaborate with project directors and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define impact, outcome criteria and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize requirements.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing data collection processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Operational Excellence and SAP SCM Functional Management
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste and improve effectiveness of SCM processes.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirement specifications accurately and concisely.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to SAP consultants, developers, and the project team.
- Assist with developing prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, align with SAP consultants and support personnel, and communicate recommendations back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project or enhancement lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, SAP consultants, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure issues and solutions are understood.
- Analyze day-to-day functions and processes of the system to ensure performance within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications.
- Identify and resolve application issues to maintain services, enhance capabilities and prevent system outages.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in SAP applications across the organization.
- University degree in computer science, science or business is required.
- 10+ years of experience with business process and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Previous experience in the gathering of requirements for the selection, implementation, and on-going support of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems.
- Knowledge of the core ERP SCM business processes, including procurement, logistics, manufacturing, and warehousing (material management) processes and operations is essential.
- Experience in supporting multiple ERP systems, preferably in a biotechnology or life sciences environment.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience in business process mapping tools and techniques.
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma Operational Excellence tools.
- Understanding of business systems analysis, application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Working exposure to the design, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Ability to work positively in a matrixed environment with several business units, IT teams and vendor resources.
- Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP) standards, including the computer system validation process for GxP systems is preferred.
- Experience in IT and quality change control processes.
- Working experience with contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) is an asset.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification or equivalent would be an asset.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and act.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and independent.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Employs a team-oriented approach to meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to complete tasks successfully without supervision and to work in a deadline-driven and dynamic environment.
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary